Twenty-Nine

Scarlett

It was a match. Saraphine's blood was indeed connected to the rapist. We had found out two days after the initial test. Saraphine cried for days. It's been six days since we got the results back, and she hasn't been the same since. She called out a few days, staying at home with Tim.

I can't imagine how she's feeling, despite having tried. Her brother who she's been protecting and providing for has used his freedom and ghost complex to go and rape innocent women.

Woman that remind him of me.

The boys sat me down and explained the situation, showing me the drawing of the heart and the pictures that were found in the cabin. Then it was my turn to cry. A whole day filled of tears and anger. I'm not naive, I won't let Tao convince me this is my fault. Our relationship ended years ago with nothing left to hold on too. We weren't madly in love, I wouldn't have given my life for him. We were learning to be in love, and in that learning process he fucked up and he lost me.

I truly believe his obsession simply has come from just being alone. He is a very attractive man, and he's relatively good in bed. If he wasn't in solitary he would have damn near any woman his heart could desire. He has the confidence, the looks, and on top of all that he knows how to swoon a woman. He's good with his words, always has been.

I am the only person that's close to him, physically that is. He can walk to my house from his small cabin and obsess over the ideas of me. That's the only thing he could do, really. I don't believe he really has done this because he misses me. Being alone simple drove Tao Jackson into a spiral that he couldn't get out of.

Someone has to be helping him, I've concluded. There's no way he's been able to locate these girls and watch their movements to calculate when they will take walks without some type of assistance. Now that his cabin has been obliterated, he has to be staying somewhere. More than likely with whoever has been helping him.

Amir and Axton have security following me around everywhere, and people in the hospital have started to notice. They've increased security in the hospital in general, seeing as it's one of their largest buildings with a large amount of detrimental members, but every shift of mine there's always one that subtly follows me. I go to the OR, he's there. I come out of the bathroom, he's there. I walk to my car after my shift, he's there.

They also haven't let me stay at home by myself. We've taken turns staying in my place and theirs. I'm grateful that they don't try and keep me locked up in their house, which would quickly drive me mad.

The mafia has been suspiciously quiet since the boys outed themselves as twins. I half expected an uproar, some type of act of defiance in regards to their leader having lied to them for this long. I think they're more impressed that they were able to act as one for as long as they did.

Other mafias, on the other hand, are pissed. No one knows which mafia leader they truly made alliances or deals with. They're convinced there's a bigger scheme underway than just two children that grew into one man. I would be skeptical, too, so I don't blame them. It does drive concern for their safety, seeing as many of their alliances are now walking on a thin line of trust for the twins.

I'm busying myself in the hospital per usual when I'm stressed, still training Samuel. He seems like a good enough nurse, he didn't have much knowledge of how a hospital is ran which I am thankful for, seeing as I don't have to inform him of the differences. I sit at the nurses station, going over some discharge paperwork for a patient as my phone buzzes.

'Heard about your dad. How are you holding up? -Jeremy'. I glance at the text, eyes widening a bit. It amazes me how word travels, seeing as Jeremy is in a different mafia than my father is. I don't want to be rude by not responding, however, I also don't want to respond out of respect for Axton and Amir.