𝟛. ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖

The silhouette of a petite young boy clad in purple and wearing an abnormally large hat could be seen standing between the dense bamboo trees, as if waiting for someone. As if on cue, a tall man dressed in a red fur coat and bandages covering his face walked towards the boy. One would believe the latter was intimidated, yet he stood tall, chin tilted in an arrogant stance.

"You called, Lord Scaramouche?" The Fatui agent hissed with distaste.

"Yes," the boy shifted his hat so the agent could catch a glimpse of his  dark purple eyes. "There is a girl, she resides here in Liyue. She possesses something the Tsaritsa would take a great interest to—an unknown vision. Take her into custody, do not kill her."

"Yes, Lord," the agent bowed and began walking away.

"Oh and do tell the girl she has no other option," Scaramouche called to the retreating figure.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A certain [e/c] eyed girl strolled through the streets of Liyue, looking through the stalls of local shop venders and stopping to talk to the young children. Soon, she came to a halt, waving enthusiastically at a tall figure walking towards her.

"Tar-Tar-taglia~!" [Y/N] sang in a teasing voice as she ran over to hug him. "It was a shame how you left for quite a while!"

"Hey girlie!" Childe waved back, embracing her as well. "I'm sorry, will you forgive me?"

[Y/N] smirked, "Only if you help me pay for dinner tonight. Zhongli promised that we would all go together, but I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure he's going to pull that 'I forgot my wallet' thing."

"Sure," Childe sighed dramatically.

He looked at the girl who was pulling his arm, getting him to follow her. He had never told her he was a part of the Fatui. He had never told her he was a Harbinger. Would she be angry or would she simply be sad. Maybe she would become afraid and avoid him. The thought of losing the cheerful girl saddened him. She was like a sister, someone who could make up for the lost moments between him and his family.

"C'mon, Childe!" [Y/N] groaned. "You're walking so slow! There was a new bird nest up this tree! The eggs were supposed to hatch yesterday! I wanna show you the little chicks!"

He followed her, peering up the tree, "They really are small. They seem pretty fragile too. But they're cute like you."

"Shut up," [Y/N] laughed, hopping down from the tree branch.

No one knew that in the streets of Liyue, there were two Harbingers walking around. Scaramouche had not changed his attire, yet for some reason, no one found him odd. He came to a sudden halt when his eyes landed on a certain [h/c] haired girl. 

"That Dumbass?" He inhaled sharply as he realized who his target was standing with.

He had come back to the harbor, realizing the soldiers he sent would definitely not be enough. The Sixth Fatui Harbinger waited patiently as the duo walked past him, not paying attention at all to their surroundings.

Slipping into the moving crowd, the shorter boy followed them silently.

A tall, man wearing a fancy suit greeted the two at a restaurant's pavilion. Scaramouche observed from the roof of a nearby building.

"[Y/N], Childe, you finally came," his deep voice was gentle as he smiled at the girl. 

"Let's eat now! I'm starving!" The excited girl cried.