𝟚𝟙. 𝕊𝕠 𝔹𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕

Let's go peoples! Almost finished! Whoooo!!!! :D

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"[L/N]."

The cool sandstone roof felt so comfortable.

"[L/N]!"

It would be nice, to just lie here forever, without a worry crossing one's mind.

"[Y/N] [L/N]! WAKE UP!" 

The [h/cnette/blonde...] sat up, rubbing her eyes in a disgruntled manner, shaking her head. Before her stood a girl with short golden hair, arms by her hips. Then there was the angry floating alien, currently yelling quite loudly. Oh no—that was Paimon... right. For the first time in a while, [Y/N] felt young again, her eyes filled with genuine hope—much more than usual. Almost like a little comet from the sky.

"We gotta go meet Cyno!" Paimon whined dramatically. "[Y/N]! Aren't you listening?"

"Yeah, wait a moment," [Y/N] stood there, turning away as the two walked off.

She felt a stabbing pain in her right palm, almost like some sort of sharp needle was pricking it. Upon opening her hand, she was met with a little glowing sphere, engraved with little markings. Her vision... it hadn't left after all. A warm trickle ran down her thumb. She realized she was bleeding, the dark red staining the sandstone below.

As for what had pronged her, there was something else in her hand. A small little accessory. A golden arrow, the edges colored blue and red. Little metal sparks hung on a string by the end.

Her hand clenched around it, the edge cutting deeper into her skin. Slowly, she exhaled, the feeling of prickling tears passing faster than they came. She smiled, ready to face whatever came next.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Her part of the plan was quite simple, she would accompany the Traveler and the General Mahamatra to "arrest" some Eremites.

[Y/N] stood, bored out of her mind as she walked towards the group of matra waiting for Rahman and his men. Casually leaning on one leg, she crossed her arms. Her eyes fixed on the appoarching Eremites, narrowing in anticipation. The desert was swelteringly hot.

"Halt!" One of the Matra exclaimed, the others readying their weapons in unison. 

The leader of the Eremites, [Y/N] deduced him to be Rahman stepped forward with an arrogant expression, "Oh! What a warm welcome! What do you want? Judging from those shiny weapons in your hand, it sees like your not here for a deal."

[Y/N] tried hard to hold in her snickers, her chest bubbling with laughter as she watched the Eremites' act. 

"Rahman," Cyno muttered darkly, "the Akademiya has caught wind of your smuggling and illicit sales. If you value your life, I advise you to surrender."

The [h/c] haired girl took a lazy step forward, hands on her hips, "Go tell them General Mamahattera! When hot men threaten you, you know your dead, my dude."

Rahman's lips twitched ever so slightly, but he was able to not laugh. "Who're you supposed to be? A Matra from the Akademiya? Hah, I can't believe you came all this way just to catch us!" 

"I'm not here to talk," the General hissed as [Y/N] whistled, "Whew, man, whatever floats your boat." 

Ignoring [Y/N]'s comment, the tall desert dweller laughed, "Nobody's given me this much time of day since I became a mercenary! Brothers! For that slight, let's wash our blades with their blood! Let's show them we Eremites are not to be messed with!"