𝟝. 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖

How have you been? 

My doggo decided consuming a sharpie was necessary in an act of revenge. I didn't walk him as long as I did yesterday. 😔 

Anyways... On with the chapter~!

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

There was a shimmer of [e/c] as the young girl blinked, waking from her light doze. She saw a petite boy with dark indigo hair and a scowl on his face as he read through some notes on his desk. How could she have been so careless as to fall asleep in enemy territory. As quietly as she could, [Y/N] tip toed to the window nearest to her, opening it slightly. It let out the quietest of creaks and the Balladeer took no notice.

She realized just how cold it was in Snezhnaya as she stuck a foot out into the dark. The window was at least four stories up from the ground. Just this once, she was thankful to be immortal, at least for a while.

However, before she could slip away, a hand grabbed her by the arm, "Escaping with such ease is a hard achievement when I'm watching you. Did you really think I didn't notice?"

[Y/N]'s eyes flashed with quelled anger. She couldn't die here, but she wouldn't want to rot here either. She shoved the Harbinger away and pointed at the open window.

"What will you do if I jump huh?" She threatened. "Sure you'd probably catch me in the end but won't your dear Majesty Tsaritsa be irritated that you, the Sixth Fatui Harbinger, failed to keep a prisoner from escaping?"

"Who says I'll let you jump?" Scaramouche countered.

[Y/N] crossed her arms, "Fine then! Where am I even supposed to sleep tonight?"

"The Tsaritsa has made arrangements. You will sleep in the dungeons, there is an empty cell—left from the latest prison casualty," the Balladeer spoke calmly.

"Casualty?" The girl muttered under her breath.

There was a knock on the door before [Y/N] could open her mouth.  A female Fatui agent waltzed in, kneeling down before the Harbinger.

"Her Majesty sent me to retrieve the subject," she spoke in an emotionless voice. "I will escort it to the dungeons."

"Finally," Scaramouche inhaled in annoyance, tossing the glass of grape wine he was holding at the wall. "What are you waiting for? Go!"

(If you know the reference, ily. It's been so long since I watched it.)

As the agent put chains around [Y/N], the girl gave him one last glare and blew one last raspberry before walking out with her chin high in the air. She didn't care that the vision wasn't in her possession. Zhongli, a former archon had described it to be dangerous. If it couldn't work in anyone else's possession, then that was a win.

The girl's mind spun in a million different possibilities of escape as she was led through the palace—all of which led to being caught once more.

"What's with that posture?" The agent commented. "You act as if you were a queen. Remember your place. You are a piece of shit in a palace of jewels and silver."

"Well," [Y/N] retorted, tugging her arm in a vain attempt to get free. "If I were shit, then what are you? 'Waterfall shit' that's been trampled by hillichurls?"

"Insolent brat," the woman shoved her into the jail cell, closing the gate and locking it tight. "Whatever you are, you are nothing but a test subject."