𝟙𝟘. ℝ𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕄𝕖

BANG!

The Balladeer's hand left an angry dent on the polished wooden table as it slid back to his side.

"What do you mean you're going to send her on a mission?" He yelled at the top of his lungs. "She couldn't even beat me with a proper strategy! It's only been one training session and I can already tell she's no good! If she takes this fucking task, she'll fucking fail!"

"Language~," La Signora murmured, smirking as she blew out smoke from her mouth.

"I've... seen her combat skills more than you have," Childe hesitated before speaking. "She can wipe out thousands if she wanted too. She only showed a fraction of her power that day to seem weak. That strategy she employed was a weak one even if it worked, but she did indeed have nowhere to escape that time."

Il Dottore watched from the sidelines, eyes narrowed as he spoke softly, "Balladeer, do not grow to care for her."

"What did you fucking tell me you—"

"A warning," the Doctor held his head high as he eyed Scaramouche.

"You piece of trash, you waste of space! You disgusting dung-mouthed, leech-infested, booger-consuming—Fuck you," the Balladeer seemed at a lost for words having no curses good enough.

"The [L/N] girl is a pawn," the Jester tilted his head into the light, glaring daggers at everyone. "Pawns are there to be useful. She has been staying in this palace for far too long and has been of no use. Let her go show her strength. If she dies, let her die."

"I agree," the Rooster leaned back into his chair, eyes tired.

"As do I," the Fair Lady waved her pipe in the air, the smoke blowing in the Doctor's face.

"If you agree, raise your hand," Pierro announced.

All except two raised their hands. Childe glanced at Scaramouche, observing his face. As the meeting ended, the Balladeer left the room before anyone else, slamming the door behind him.

As he walked into his office, his eyes landed on the little doll sitting by his bed. She looked exactly like [Y/N]. He felt a sudden ringing in his ears as eyes dilated, his hand landing on his head.

"Kabukimono?"

He found himself sitting in a dark endless field, a girl leaning over, inspecting him. 

"Are you okay?"

He blinked, trying to shake the unsettling feeling off.

"Scaramouche?" She touched his face, hers still being covered by a white brushstroke.

"Scaramouche," he murmured softly. "You're not real, get out of my way."

"Let's go Kabukimono! I want to show you the tadpoles!" Her bright smile seemed so real upon her face as she dragged the boy away.

He felt a sudden push back, a barrier keeping him away.

"Come on!" She groaned. "I swear I won't prank you like last time! Take a step away!"

"I—I can't!" He held his hands out, trying to reach for her yet something pushed him back.

She took his hand gently in hers, pulling him towards her chest. His steps followed hers, slow and timid.

"Remember, Balladeer."

The barrier still remained. Rigid and invisible. Then, as he let her take him away once more, he felt it break. The unseen chains broke and he ran, running to keep up with the girl as she sprinted into the trees, giggling all the way. She stopped at a stream, the color butterflies surrounding her.

The she turned and Scaramouche only looked at her feet, afraid to see her face.

"May I ask,"  she began, "Kunikuzushi, do you... really remember me?"

(^^ reference to...)

A little white burshstroke of paper slid to the ground, carried gently down by the wind. And like a leaf, it drifted off into the water. He looked up then, his eyes widening as looked into her face, taking in all her features.

"[Y/N]."

He ran towards her, closing what space remained as he embraced the surprised girl in a hug. But he felt nothing. He was hugging...

Nothing.

"Wait for me," her sweet soft voice echoed in his ears. "Wait for me to remember. I promise I'll find you again."

Then, darkness engulfed everything, taking away the smiling girl's figure and the Kabukimono was alone once more. 

Alone.

Scaramouche opened his eyes.

"I'm going to find her," he muttered.

His feet carried him away, faster than lightning, faster than wind. He didn't care that his hat had fallen. He didn't care that his eyes weren't dry anymore. He had no purpose in the world unless he found [Y/N].

"Where is [L/N]?!" He yelled. 

"With Childe in Liyue," Dottore stood, leaning on the wall smirking. "There is no way you can get there in a day. They took the fastest ship."

"You motherfucker!" The Balladeer grabbed the much taller man's shirt, lifting him as if he weighed nothing. "Bring me the next fastest ship."

"I am of higher rank than you," Dottore chuckled, "you cannot order me around."

Scaramouche stormed off, running as fast as he could, pulling on his large coat and almost tripping on the icy steps outside the palace. His feet felt no pain even if they were bare in freezing snow. His eyes burned with an ever lasting flame, determined to reach Snezhnaya's closest port.

"I have ten thousand mora, give me the fastest ship," he ordered at the trembling fisherman.

As he stepped on deck, he watched the sun rise. The only comfort to him at that moment.

We're watching the same sun, [Y/N].

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

YAHOO!! Another chapter finished! 

This story is far from over so don't worry! I promise this'll have a happy ending! ;)

Have a great day today and tomorrow! 

- Wolfie-Dragon <3