Prologue

Dr Sandeep Jain looked intently at the young man sitting on the couch opposite him.

"So, Mr Rathore, why are you here?"

The young man laughed bitterly, "I know you have already read my file. Well, Dr Jain, isn't it usual for a psychiatric patient to seek therapy?"

"True, but your file indicates that your Dissociative Identity Disorder was diagnosed almost 2 years ago, why not come then?"

"It took a while to reconcile to this... situation... and after that... Doctors make me uneasy."

"But you came now? What changed?"

"I needed someone to talk to. Someone who I hope will understand what I am saying. I assume a psychotherapist would understand better. Or at least, my brother says so. Though I think he is just afraid I will break something again."

________________________________________________________________________________

Across the hall, Dr Shobha Jain was repeating the same procedure with a young sari-clad woman

"No offence..." she was saying, "but I don't really understand why external help is needed, my husband and I have always handled everything together, we have never needed help before. But he insisted, so here we are."

"It was good of you to humour him in that case."

"Of course, I can do ANYTHING for him... especially when..." her voice shook a little, as her "strong" face slipped for a moment before she regained it again, and repeated, "I... I just can do anything for him."

"When?" Shobha prodded. "Is something else bothering you about the situation Mrs Rathore? Something that made you agree to take this step?" she asked gently.

"No... there's nothing..." Mrs Rathore started saying before she visibly crumbled. "Yes... something... something is wrong... he... something is wrong... I know... and he... he isn't telling me what... he always used to... and now... he is hurting... and I don't know why... or what to do!" she finished loudly, clenching her fists, and banging them against the couch on either side.

After a few minutes of silence, she spoke up again, her voice broken, and much more vulnerable, "Was... was he right? Last night... he said I wouldn't understand... was he right?"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Hello All, so I am back with a new story. This is my first independent story without Ayesha, so please be extremely generous with all criticism (and praise too :P).

Now, SSP is somehow unable to complete their shows without tying up all the loose ends. Their doing this with Barrister Babu led us to write my last FF, a collaboration with Ayesha. With Banni Chow Home Delivery, we were again left with many unanswered questions. How did Kabir retain control if Yuvaan was the dominant personality? How did Kabir fall out of love with Tulika and in love with Banni so quickly? And most importantly, why the hell did no one suggest Yuvaan get THERAPY?

So this is my attempt to close all the loops in the show, by sending the Rathores to Therapy. I hope you enjoy it!

Note: This story starts around 11 months after Yuvanni/Banbir reunion in the last episode.

Love,

Ashley