Chapter 28: Tangled Emotions

Last Time: Kabir's eyes glistened with gratitude as he absorbed Dr. Shobha's words. "Thank you, Dr. Shobha. Your guidance and support mean a lot to both of us. I'll do my best to be Banni's rock and to provide her with the love and strength she needs."

-------------------------------------

February 18th, 2023, 10:30 am, Kabir's Mindscape

Yuvaan and Kabir sat on the sandy beach of their shared mindscape. The gentle sound of crashing waves filled the air, creating a serene atmosphere. Kabir took a deep breath, preparing himself for the task at hand.

Kabir closed his eyes and focused his mind as their hands clasped tightly together. He delved into his memories, searching for the moment when Banni had received Yuvaan's heartfelt message. The memory surfaced, vivid and clear, playing like a film in Kabir's mind.

In the memory, Kabir watched as Banni's face transformed from confusion to realization and then to a mixture of pain and longing. Her eyes welled up with tears as she listened to Yuvaan's words, her expression reflecting the depth of her emotions.

Kabir opened his eyes and glanced at Yuvaan, observing the increasing sadness on his alter's face. He held onto Yuvaan's hand, conveying silent support and empathy. Kabir understood that it was hard for Yuvaan to witness Banni's pain, considering his deep love for her. Kabir hoped that Yuvaan's discomfort over seeing Banni upset would motivate him to take charge and mend their relationship.

Yuvaan looked up at Kabir, his eyes filled with uncertainty and pain. Kabir smiled reassuringly, knowing he needed to push Yuvaan further.

"Yuvaan," Kabir began softly, "I want you to understand something. Last night, when you were caught in that terrible nightmare, Banni stayed by our side the whole time. She held you, comforted you, and whispered soothing words to ease your fears. She loves you deeply, Yuvaan, and her heart aches when she sees you in pain."

Yuvaan hesitated, his eyes shifting away. "I... I don't know, Kabir. It's scary out there..."

Kabir tightened his grip on Yuvaan's hand, his gaze unwavering. "I know it's hard for you to trust, Yuvaan. But Banni has proven time and time again that she is devoted to you. She has shown her love and commitment in countless ways. Can't you please agree to just meet her once, to see her face-to-face and hear her words? It would mean the world to her, and it might just help bridge the gap between you."

Yuvaan turned away, his brows furrowed as he contemplated Kabir's words. The weight of the decision hung heavy in the air, and Kabir held his breath, waiting for Yuvaan's response.

As Kabir gazed out at the ocean, he noticed a sudden change in the atmosphere. The sky darkened, the once clear blue now masked by smoky clouds. A sense of unease washed over Kabir as he looked down at the ocean. The water had turned murky and dirty, resembling a pool of thick tar.

An alarmed Kabir turned to Yuvaan, his heart sinking as he witnessed his alter's distress. Yuvaan was sitting with his arms wrapped tightly around his knees, trembling violently. His voice was full of fear; he kept muttering, "No... Not out there. It hurts out there..."

Kabir's heart sank as he saw the turmoil within Yuvaan. He knew that Yuvaan's fears had manifested into the mindscape around them, creating this unsettling and menacing environment. Determined to reassure Yuvaan, Kabir shifted closer, their shoulders touching.

"Yuvaan," Kabir said compassionately, "I understand that it feels scary out there. But remember, Banni and I will always be there to protect you. We won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe with us."