Chapter 18: Confronting Change

Last time: "I have faith in you, Banni," she said, a smile on her face. "You're a strong woman, and you'll get through this. And remember, I'm always here to help you."

-------------------------------------

February 12th, 2023, 12:00 pm, Kabir's Mindscape

Kabir had been wandering through his mindscape for what felt like hours, searching for any sign of Yuvaan. But the beach was empty, and the sea was violent, with waves crashing against the shore in a relentless rhythm. The sky was filled with storm clouds, casting an ominous shadow over the landscape.

Kabir felt his heart sink as he realised that Yuvaan was nowhere to be found. He remembered Dr Sandeep's advice and tried to focus on his happy memory of the day at the park with Banni and Atharva.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to clear his mind of all distractions. Slowly, he began visualising the park, the sound of Atharva's laughter, and the feel of the sun on his skin. He remembered the sandpit, the swings, and the ducks. He remembered Banni giggling with ice cream on her nose, her cheeks flaming red as he wiped it off.

As he focused on this memory, he felt a change in the air. The storm clouds began to dissipate, and the sky cleared up. A gentle breeze started blowing, and the waves grew calmer. Kabir felt a sense of mild wash over him, and he knew he was on the right track.

"Yuvaan!" Kabir yelled out as he began walking towards the cliff caves. There was no response, and Kabir felt a sense of frustration and panic rise within him. He had to find Yuvaan, and he had to do it soon.

"Yuvaan! I know you're here. We need to talk," Kabir called out as he entered the cave.

There was still no response, and Kabir felt a sense of unease settle in his stomach. He took a deep breath and tried to steady himself, focusing on his breathing. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.

As he continued to practice deep breathing, Kabir noticed the cave lightening up. He looked around and realised there was tar on the walls and floor.

Kabir felt a sense of terror grip him as he realised what was happening. The tar represented Yuvaan's trauma, which had been trapping him all this while. He knew he had to handle the situation with care.

"Yuvaan!" Kabir yelled out again, his voice echoing through the cavern. "Please, we need to talk! I don't want to fight anymore!"

But there was still no response, and Kabir felt a wave of despair wash over him. He knew he was running out of time. He took another deep breath and tried to steady himself, but his heart was racing, and his hands were shaking.