Chapter 35: Shadows of Deception

Last Time: Viraj took a deep breath, his face clouded with sadness and frustration. "Bhabhi, there's something else you need to know," he said somberly. "The morning after you left..."

----------------------------------

August 10, 2021, 11:00 am, Rathore Bhavan, Jodhpur

Yuvaan and Viraj entered the living room, their footsteps echoing in the tense silence. They found the entire family gathered there, their faces sombre and expressions worried. The family lawyer stood among them, his presence adding to the gravity of the situation. Viraj exchanged concerned glances with his heavily pregnant wife, Charmie, who shook her head slightly, her eyes filled with empathy.

As Yuvaan made his way to the main door, seemingly lost in his thoughts, Alpana Jiji stepped forward, blocking his path. She touched his shoulder gently, her eyes reflecting concern and determination.

"Yuvaan," she said firmly. "You can't ignore this. The entire family is here because we need to talk. We need to find a way forward, for all of us."

Yuvaan glanced at Alpana, a sense of urgency in his eyes. "Alpana Jiji, I appreciate your concern, but I really need to get to that recording. It's important," he insisted.

Alpana's grip on Yuvaan's shoulder tightened slightly. "Yuvaan, please," she pleaded. "Just hear what the lawyer has to say. It's about the legality of your marriage. We need to understand where we stand."

Viraj, noticing Yuvaan's deflated posture, approached him quietly. He placed a comforting hand on Yuvaan's back. "Yuvaan Bhai, let's just listen to the lawyer. We need all the information before we make any decisions."

Reluctantly, Yuvaan half-turned towards the lawyer and asked, "Alright, but please make it quick. I have something important to attend to."

The lawyer cleared his throat and began explaining the intricacies of the legal situation surrounding Yuvaan's marriage, his words mingling with the heavy atmosphere in the room.

The lawyer continued, his voice serious. "After a thorough examination of the legal documents and consultation with experts in mental health law, it has been determined that Kabir had annulled Yuvaan and Banni's marriage on the grounds of his mental disability. Additionally, it has come to light that Kabir's marriage to Tulika was never registered, making it illegal as well."

The room fell silent as Yuvaan absorbed the lawyer's words. Alpana's eyes widened with realization, and a smile slowly spread across her face. "This is wonderful news," she exclaimed. "Now, we can conduct Yuvaan and Tulika's marriage with all the religious rites and also register it. There will be no doubts remaining that Tulika is Yuvaan's true wife, both legally and religiously."

Alpana's words acted like a match to kindling, instantly igniting a heated debate within the living room. Voices rose, arguments clashed, and emotions ran high.

Myra, the loudest opposer of the marriage, passionately voiced her objections. "How can you all forget Banni Bhabhi and everything she has done for us, especially for Yuvaan Bhaiyya?" she exclaimed, her voice shaking with emotion. "She loved him unconditionally, and now you want to brush her aside and replace her with this Tulika?"

Alpana Jiji, sounding self-righteous, tried to advocate for the marriage, insisting that it was the right thing to do. "We need to think about Yuvaan's future and happiness," she argued, her voice firm. "Tulika has also been there for him throughout, and it's time we recognize that. Moreover, she is pregnant. She deserves a chance to be his wife and the baby deserves a father."