Chapter 32: A Journey of Understanding

Last Time: In the warmth of their embrace, Banni found solace and certainty. The doubts and fears that had haunted her for so long melted away, replaced by a profound sense of trust and love. She felt safe and cherished, knowing their love was a guiding light amid life's uncertainties.

-------------------------------

February 20th, 2023, 10:00 am, Jain Counselling Centre, Jodhpur

Kabir and Banni anxiously waited outside the Jain Counselling Centre as Dr Sandeep approached them. The sun cast a warm glow on the surroundings, but Kabir's attention was solely on Banni. He noticed the weight of her thoughts as she appeared lost in contemplation since morning, still overwhelmed by their emotional conversation from the previous day.

Dr. Sandeep reached Kabir with a warm smile and asked, "Are you ready, Kabir?" Kabir's face lit up, excitement and determination shining through his eyes. "I am more than ready, Dr. Sandeep," he replied hopefully. He knew that occupational therapy would be a crucial step towards his healing journey.

As Kabir gazed towards Banni, Dr. Sandeep gently addressed her, "And Banni, Dr. Shobha is waiting for you inside." Banni looked up, her eyes meeting Kabir's briefly before her gaze shifted to Dr. Sandeep. She nodded slightly, acknowledging his words, and with a last squeeze of Kabir's hand, turned to go inside.

Kabir's worry for Banni intensified as he watched her walk towards the centre's entrance. He wished he could alleviate her burden, but he knew that Dr Shobha's expertise would play a significant role in helping Banni process their recent revelations and find inner peace.

Kabir's mind was still full of thoughts of Banni as Sandeep gently interrupted his reverie. "Shall we proceed, Kabir?" Sandeep's comforting voice brought Kabir back to the present moment, and he nodded silently in response.

Sandeep guided Kabir away from the entrance of the clinic and towards another building adjacent to it. The building exuded an inviting warmth, unlike the clinical atmosphere of the main clinic. Kabir's curiosity piqued as he followed Sandeep to a door labelled "Music Department."

As soon as the door opened, Kabir heard the melodious flute playing inside it. Entranced by the enchanting sound, Kabir followed Dr Sandeep inside. The room was more extensive than he expected, but the soft padding on the walls and floor gave it a cosy and intimate feel. Comfortable seating was scattered around, inviting anyone to relax and enjoy the music. However, what truly captured Kabir's attention was the sight of various instruments placed around the room, each with a unique charm.

Lost in the beauty of the instruments, Kabir suddenly realised that the room had fallen silent. He turned around and saw Dr. Sandeep standing with a man in his early thirties. The man held the flute he had been playing moments ago, his fingers gracefully poised on the instrument. Kabir could sense the passion and expertise reflected in the man's eyes.

Dr Sandeep introduced the man to Kabir, saying, "Kabir, this is Kartik Sharma, a talented musician and one of the therapists here at the Jain Counselling Centre."

Kabir extended his hand towards Kartik with a warm smile and greeted him, "Nice to meet you, Dr Kartik." As they shook hands, Kabir couldn't help but notice the stark contrast between Kartik's appearance and the typical image of a doctor. Kartik wore jeans and a vibrant multicoloured t-shirt, giving off a laid-back and carefree vibe. It was evident that he didn't conform to the conventional norms of a medical professional.

Kartik chuckled and said, "Well, I'm not a doctor, Kabir. Just a humble music therapist." His eyes twinkled with a sense of passion and purpose as he spoke. Kabir was intrigued by Kartik's humility and the genuine enthusiasm he radiated.