Chapter 38: Unseen Battles, Unwavering Love

Last Time: Finally, when the last note faded away, Banni opened her eyes. There was a new determination in her gaze, a new resolve. She turned slightly, her voice just whispered as she spoke, "Yuvaan... I got your message."

She paused, her grip on Kabir's hand tightening. "And I promise you," she continued, her voice steady, "I won't give up. Not again. Not ever."

----------------------------

March 1st, 2023, 2:00 pm, Banni Chow Home Delivery Kitchen, Jodhpur

Banni sat in her office at the Banni Chow Home Delivery Kitchen, surrounded by piles of recipe cards, order forms, and a half-eaten plate of pakoras. The small room was filled with the comforting aroma of spices and the soft sound of Kanha's giggles from his playpen. He was busily engaged in his own world, trying to stack colourful blocks into precarious towers only to knock them down and start all over again.

Her eyes lingered on her son, her heart filled with warmth. Amidst all the turmoil, he was her constant, her beacon of hope. But as she watched him, her mind drifted to the recent past.

Following her breakdown after confronting her past self, Dr Shobha insisted that Banni pause her investigation to reorient herself and learn how to manage her guilt. Banni could almost hear Dr Shobha's gentle but firm voice, "Banni, you need some time to breathe, to gather yourself before the next wave of revelations. You can't help anyone if you're drowning yourself."

Banni sighed, her gaze drifting from Kanha to the window, where the bustling streets of Jodhpur unfolded. She had to admit that Dr Shobha was right. Her guilt and uncertainty had been consuming her, rendering her incapable of providing the help that Yuvaan or Kabir desperately needed. Instead, she had become a burden, and Kabir was forced to comfort her instead of focusing on his demons.

So, she took Dr. Shobha's advice and put her investigation into Yuvaan's mental health on hold. Her therapy sessions with Dr. Shobha focused on managing her guilt, with Dr. Shobha providing various coping techniques. This break was necessary not only for her but also for Kanha and Kabir.

Instead, she'd put all her energy into perfecting recipes and ensuring her customers got the best from the Banni Chow Home Delivery Kitchen. It was taxing, yes, but it was also healing. It reminded her of her strengths, of the woman who'd built this business from scratch.

Banni also began spending more time with Kanha. Previously, Kabir's flexible work schedule and safer workplace allowed him to spend much of his day with their son. However, his new schedule of daily music therapy sessions left him with less time for Kanha. Consequently, Banni and Kanha spent more time together, a circumstance Banni cherished. Kanha's smiles, laughter, and curiosity were her comfort and solace. She found her peace and the strength to persevere in his moments of innocent joy.

She remembered Dr. Shobha's words, her voice a soothing balm to her troubled mind. "Banni, whenever guilt overwhelms you and makes you question your capabilities, remind yourself of the good you've done. Look around you - your business is a testament to your strength and dedication. And Kanha, he's the embodiment of your love and resilience," she had said.

Banni looked around her bustling kitchen, her employees working diligently, the delicious smells wafting from the stoves, the satisfied customers' feedback - this was all her doing. She had built this from the ground up. She was not a failure.

A soft giggle brought her gaze back to Kanha. His eyes sparkled with joy as he knocked over another tower of blocks, clapping his chubby hands together. He was a beacon of light in her life, a constant reminder of her capacity for love and nurturing.