Chapter 4: The Selfless Idiot's Solution

Last Night: After Banni left, Shobha couldn't help but feel a little worried about Kabir's behaviour. She knew they had a long road ahead of them, but with Banni's cooperation and Sandeep and her professional expertise, she was confident they could help Kabir overcome his issues.

-------------------------------------------------

February 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm., Jain Counselling Centre, Jodhpur

"Your wife had come here earlier today," Sandeep revealed to Kabir.

Kabir raised his eyebrow, his expression betraying his surprise. Sandeep noticed the subtle shift in his body language and continued.

"She told Shobha about the compromise you suggested. And what happened afterwards."

"I knew she was worried, but I didn't realize that she was so worried," Kabir said, his voice tinged with concern. Sandeep observed the worry etched on Kabir's face and the slight tremble in his voice.

"She told you she was worried?" Sandeep prodded gently.

"No, she didn't need to. I could see it in her behaviour. And my behaviour yesterday was worrying enough," Kabir admitted, his gaze downcast. Sandeep noted the guilt in Kabir's voice and the tension in his shoulders.

Sandeep nodded. "Banni is concerned about you, Kabir. And so am I. We need to talk about what's been going on with you."

Kabir sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I know. I've been struggling with my emotions lately. It's been hard to keep them in check. And even harder to avoid lashing out at people all the time."

Sandeep carefully studied Kabir's reaction. Although Kabir tried to hide it, Sandeep could sense the guilt and frustration that he was feeling. He wanted to help Kabir work through his emotions, but it was clear that Kabir was still struggling with his inner demons.

"But you didn't get angry or lash out yesterday, did you?" Sandeep asked shrewdly, hoping to get to the root of Kabir's emotions. "In fact, you suggested a quite reasonable compromise to resolve your conflict with Banni."

Kabir's eyes narrowed as he responded. "That wasn't my idea," he said, his frustration palpable. "I never wanted any compromise!"

Sandeep raised his eyebrows, surprised by Kabir's response. "Then whose idea was it, Kabir?"

Kabir hesitated for a moment before admitting, "It was that selfless idiot Yuvaan's idea."

Sandeep was taken aback. He had encountered dissociative identity disorder before, but he had never seen a case where the two alters could communicate so effectively without any psychotherapy, "You and Yuvaan communicated about this? How?" he asked incredulously.

Kabir nodded. "Yes, we did. Yuvaan came to me yesterday..."

-------------------------------------------------

February 4th, 2023, 7:00 pm., Rathore Bhavan, Jodhpur

Kabir was feeling exhausted after his therapy session with Dr Sandeep. He slumped onto his couch and took a deep breath, trying to sort through his emotions. As someone with dissociative identity disorder (DID), Kabir had a lot to process.

On one hand, he felt relieved that he had finally opened up to Dr Sandeep about his innermost thoughts and feelings. Kabir felt hopeful that he could manage his emotions more effectively, avoid hurting people, and lead a happier life. On the other hand, he was overwhelmed by the depth of his emotions and wondered if confronting them head-on was truly a good idea.