Chapter 24: Love and Doubts

Last Time:  "Good," Kabir said. "Now let's take things one step at a time. We'll work through this together, and we'll come out stronger in the end."

--------------------------------------

February 16th, 2023, 12:30 pm, Rathore Bhavan, Jodhpur

Banni sat nervously on the couch, waiting for Kabir to return from his hypnotherapy session. She had been anxious all day, wondering if Kabir had succeeded in meeting Yuvaan in his mindscape. Though she tried to keep busy with work, her mind kept wandering back to Kabir and their future. Eventually, she gave up and returned home, choosing to wait for Kabir there.

Finally, the door opened, and Kabir entered the room. Banni jumped up from the couch, her heart racing with anticipation. Kabir walked towards her, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Banni," Kabir said, his voice filled with excitement. "I did it. I reached Yuvaan."

Banni's eyes widened with excitement, and she threw her arms around Kabir, hugging him tightly. "Oh, Kabir, that's amazing!" she exclaimed. "I'm so happy! What happened?"

Kabir hugged Banni back, feeling her warmth and love. "It was amazing, Banni," he said, pulling back slightly to look at her. "I found Yuvaan in his cave, and he was so scared, but he trusted me. We couldn't talk much because Dr. Sandeep said keeping me under hypnosis for too long would be detrimental, but now that Yuvaan isn't hiding from me, we can make more progress."

Banni smiled at Kabir, feeling a sense of relief. She was glad that Kabir and Yuvaan were progressing, but she couldn't help feeling uneasy about Yuvaan's pain and fear. She knew that Kabir would do his best to help Yuvaan work through his trauma, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of unease.

"I'm so glad that Yuvaan trusts you, Kabir," Banni said, looking up at him. "But I don't like the idea of him being scared or in pain. It breaks my heart."

Kabir looked at Banni, his eyes filled with love. "I know, Banni," he said softly. "It breaks my heart too. But we have to be patient and work through it together. We'll help him heal and move forward."

Banni nodded, feeling reassured by Kabir's words. "Did you get a chance to give him my message?" she asked, looking at Kabir expectantly.

Kabir shook his head, a look of regret on his face. "No, Banni," he said softly. "There wasn't enough time. But I promise I'll give it to him in the next session."

Banni's face fell when she heard Kabir's response. She knew that DID treatments took time and that she should be patient, but a small part of her wished that Yuvaan would come out already so that she could make up for all her mistakes.

"Okay," Banni said softly, trying to hide her disappointment. "I understand. I just wish we could make things right already."

Kabir took Banni's hand, feeling her disappointment. "I know, Banni," he said softly. "I wish that too. But we have to be patient and keep working towards our goal. We'll get there, I promise."

Banni nodded, feeling reassured by Kabir's words. She knew they had come a long way and had to keep moving forward. She leaned into Kabir, feeling his warmth and love.

Banni looked up at Kabir, her eyes filled with doubt. "Kabir," she said softly, "do you really think it will all be okay? Do you really think that Yuvaan will come out and everything will be alright?"

Kabir looked at Banni, his eyes filled with conviction. "Yes, Banni," he said firmly. "I believe that Yuvaan will come out soon. And..." he added with a playful grin, "when he does, he'll deal with your tantrums, and I'll take a much-needed break on the inside."