xvi.

I think its beautiful How the moon glowsUsing the sun's lightAnd the sun never asks For anything in return

How the moon glows
Using the sun's light
And the sun never asks
For anything in return.
-AKR

THE TWO WOLVES LAY at the bottom of the mountain side, their chests heaving. Seer turned to see what had been following them, and saw nothing. She couldn't hear the thumping of his heart, or any trace of something had ever even been chasing them. She turned to face Dianthe, who looked just as puzzled as she did. Good, she wasnt going crazy after all, it had been there. Her friend nudged her side, and pointed her white muzzle toward a opening between the mountains. Their path to freedom.

Other than being chased and almost falling to their deaths, things had gone surprisingly smooth. Seer wondered again if Dianthe had been planning this, but she couldn't ask in her current form. The wind pick up, blowing dirt and rocks up into their faces. The weather was worse in between the cliffs, they had to bow their heads and brace themselves against it. Something inside of Seer just screamed for her to continue, to push on. Dianthe didnt have the same luxury, after and hour of walking she crumpled. Seer stopped in front of her friend and curled her larger body around Dianthe's smaller frame to block the debris.

Seer's stomach growled, she hadn't been given food since getting captured or waking up for that matter. She didnt know when the last time Dianthe ate or drank anything, there wasnt anything around them, just the cliff sides surrounded them. Not even a patch of grass or puddles to drink from. She ran her tongue along her muzzle to remove the dust, only to regret it as it made her thirst worse.

She nudged Dianthe as if to ask if she could move. Her friend just panted in response. A few feet in front of them was a large boulder, perfect to hide from the wind. Bracing herself, Seer grabbed Dianthe by the nape of her neck, and dragged the smaller wolf to the boulder. If she could go ahead she might be able to find something for the girl to eat.

Rhage did most of the hunting when they were on the run, her wolf enjoyed it and it kept Rhage from having her outbursts. Seer foraged for fruits and mushrooms. She had no idea what would be in the baren waste she currently found herself in.

Dianthe didnt even move when Seer turned to leave, they had no way to communicate but Seer hoped her friend knew that she would come back, hopefully with food.

Mother nature was relentless in her efforts to keep Seer from walking ahead, but her hunger drove her further. She coukdnt smell anything with the wind blowing in every direction, she couldnt hear over the noise either. But eventually she came across some foliage with berries, upon further inspection she found a burrow.
Seer grimaced, baby rabbits were not her ideal choice of food. But she needed to eat more than berries.

Soon after she was running back to the spot she left Dianthe, her prey stuffed in her maw. Travelling back wasnt as gruelling, the weather died down, and was hitting her back instead.

She found Dianthe where she left her, the grey wolfs head perked up to the smell of food. Seer was thankful to see her friend looked better off then when she left her.

When they had finished eating, both seemed to be in better mood, the wind had calmed to a gentle breeze, they continued their journey through the mountains.

The wind carried a scent to the two wolves, sandalwood and basil. Seer felt a rush of familiarity, before realization hit her, sending her running to the source. Dianthe grumbled in confusion running after her.

Finn.

Her mate had come for her! The wolves left the trench to find a brown wolf running towards them.

~~

Finn had been walking for hours, the snowy landscape behind him, he was ready to turn back, to go beg his father for forgiveness when he felt her pull.

He expected to see the young girl he met in the hospital room, instead he was met with a large blonde wolf, almost twice the size of himself, followed by a small grey wolf.

He shifted, grinning ear to ear, "Seer! What- How?" He laughed, running his hands along her fur, the wolf yipped, raising her head in pride. He inspected every inch of her, looking for wounds but found none.

"You're okay then? He didnt hurt you?" The wolf shook her head in response, but didnt look at him, Finn knew there was something, but she couldnt tell him, at least not yet. The other wolf turned away from them, smelling the air, her tail wagging wildly.

"Finnigan!" He heard his dad shout, whipping his head around he saw his father, and the Alpha of WinterMoon. The other wolf ran up to the Alpha, who dropped to his knees. "Dianthe? Dianthe is that you?" The mans voice broke.

Finn's father ignored his fellow Alpha, all eyes on his son. "Dad, I swear I can explain, you know how the mate bond is I couldn't just leave her!" He held up his hands and blocked Seer's wolf from his fathers marching fury.

"Finnigan CrescentMoon, I swear on your mother you will be doing paperwork for the next year, and training everyday with the Gammas. Your an idiot, you could have gotten us killed, you could have gotten killed!" Marcus engulfed his son in a hug, before looking at Seer.

"Holy shit. Is that her?" Finn turned before looking up at his father, "Yeah, isnt she badass?" Marcus only scowled at his sons language.

"She's the sunwolf. Very lucky you are son." He smiled at Seer, who lowered her head in embarrassment.

"Is this the girl, the girl you spoke of?" Alpha WinterMoon asked from behind them. Dianthe now in her human form nodded her head, he face stricken with tears. "Shift, girl." He demanded.

Seer shook her head, casting weary glances between the group of people. They were all naked she thought. She didnt think of that when she shifted. If she were human her face would be red as a tomato.

"Shift please!" His voice turned pleading as he held the girl to his chest, Finn sensed Seer's fear and gave her a warm smile, "it's okay I promise, I wont let anything happen to you."

After a moment, the wolfs fur started to glow, and a second later, Seer sat, covering herself.

"Uh, hello everyone." She whispered, only slightly lifting a hand to wave. Finn went pale, his father turning his away from the girl with a slight chuckle.

"Thank you, for saving my daughter, we will fight for you, sunwolf and your sister, Alpha Bloodmoon. Our army is yours." The man held a clenched fist to his heart, and bowed his head. The girl- Dianthe smiled at Seer.

This is it, they were going to war, for his mate.