viii.

Some people are not meant to be tamed

Some people are not meant to be tamed. They are meant to run wild until they find someone to run wild with.
-unknown

RHAGE BLINKED SHE COULDN'T remember where she was. She lied in green satin sheets, the moon was out now. And she felt, different somehow.
Eclipse felt smaller, less angry, content almost. Wrapped around her waist was a scarred arm. Warm and safe. That's how she felt, her whole body was vibrating from the sparks.

Her mate, she was laying in bed with her mate.

Rhage squeaked. The only think covering her naked body was a rough towel. Goddess help her, she almost did it again, killed someone.

She knew better than to let Eclipse run free, but the thought of her mate rejecting her.. it threw her into a panic. Ashamed of herself, Rhage tried to slide out of bed.

"Dont." Lynn commanded, her voice still husky with sleep. "You're grounded."

Rhage gasped and she turned to meet her mates eyes, their faces were much closer than she anticipated. Rhage realized that Lynn's eyes were not green, nor gold, but a mix, like the Saturn rings. They took her breath away, "Your eyes are beautiful," she whispered.

Lynn cocked a coy smile, "as are yours, little rogue," she wasnt lying, Rhage's eyes were like storm clouds, but warm, like a humid night.

"What are you doing" Rhage asked, not knowing if she wanted to continue but did anyway. "You were rejecting me."

"No, I was discussing the matter of your rejection." Lynn laughed, though she should reject her, spare herself and her wolf the pain when Rhage ultimately dies, but if she was sentencing her mate to die, she deserved to feel that pain. "I was trying to assure you that I wasnt going too."

Rhage was too stunned to speak, instead settled into the soft sheets. Lynn growled, eyes flashing gold, Rhage realized in this position she was exposing her breasts. Heat flushed Rhages entire body, and she scrambled off the bed.

"Stop staring pervert!" Rhage snapped, glaring up from the floor at Lynn who peered off the edge of the bed, amusement dancing in her eyes. The carpet pressed into Rhage's legs and behind. "Do you have clothes I could wear?" She whispered trying to cover herself as much as possible.

Lynn groaned stretching up out of bed, before walking over to the long dresser, she pulled out a pair of boxers and a large tshirt before tossing them at Rhage.

"Boxers?" Rhage raised her brow in question.

"Do I look like the type of woman to wear panties?" Lynn laughed.