ix.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination."
-Mark Twain

RHAGE COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT SHE HEARD. Standing outside the doorway to Lynn's office. Hiding in the shadows, Rhage's blood went cold. Her mate was plotting to kill her. She needed to take Seer and run, screw the mate bond, clearly the Moon Goddess made some mistake.

The hall seemed to loom and sway, energy tiking in the air. Fear was a parasite, constantly sticking to her skin and fur.

Rhage's emotions were palpable, anyone in her way immediately surrendered, scampering out of her way.

Moonwolf. Moonwolf.

Copper struck her tongue, her elongated fangs tearing her lips as she mindlessly wandered to her sister. Her brain thundered, storm clouds making her thoughts hazy. She couldn't think, only feel.

Anger, resentment, fear, rage.

When her hand reached for the cold steel of the door handle, Rhages faquade faltered. The handle crumbled in her hands, numbly she forced the door open.

What was she to do, if she left with Seer, she could be risking her sister dying, all because Rhage was scared. She knew what had to be done when she seen her sisters face. As she always did.

If Rhage were the moon, Seer would be the sun. Her golden hair was pulled to the side in a intricate braid, the scent of Seers mate hung in the air. Rhage clenched her jaw, and tightened her fists.

Rhage was going to die. She always knew this, even before Oscar showed Rhage who she truly was. She craved death, she craved darkness, like a plague.

Rhage sat gently next to her sister, looking over her small body, her eyes stopped on Seer's leg, remembering how it came to be so deeply scarred. It was two years ago, when Rhage left her sister alone, just for a few hours to hunt and gather food, when she returned Seer was fighting off a wolf with nothing but a rock.

"Seer, if you can hear me, know that I am sorry, I'm sorry for being the reason our parents are dead, I'm sorry for dragging you all over without a place to call home, it was selfish of me," Rhage sucked in a breath begging her tears not to fall and the sisters wolves whined, knowing where she was headed.

"But theres someone out there right now, ready to keep you safe, so wake up." Rhage searched Seer's face for any sign of her sisters waking. She grabbed her hand, rubbing circles with her thumbs. "Wake up Seer, now." She forced Eclipse to push her aura out, like Lynn did to Rhage only a few hours ago.

Seer felt her sister, forcing her out of her own mind. It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable, she wanted to wake up, she didnt want to be stuck inside her head, but she couldnt help the creeping fear that her visions would return.