ii.

Our lives may not have fit together, but ohhh did out souls know how to dance

K. Towne Jr.

RHAGE WOKE TO THE SOUND of someone crying. She peeled her eyes open and saw her sisters silhouette being held down by a much larger figure. Rhage jumped out of the stiff bed ignoring the hot pain that surged from the tips of her toes to the top of her head. Sheer rage coursed through her veins, numbing the pain, a murderous growl escaped her lips.

Adrenaline pumped through her body, Rhage ripped the curtain back only to stagger backwards, the room wasn't white anymore but drenched in scarlet blood. Oscar was there crouched over Seer's bloodied, crying body.

Rhage choked on her breath,  startled she took in his orange colored hair and large scar covering his black eye.

"Do you smell that Rhage? Dont you just want to take a bite?" Oscar chided amusedly.

Rhage felt sudden terror as the hunger crept up her throat, hunger for her own sister's blood. The disgusting thoughts made her stomach churn.. at least she hoped so, it could have been been grumbling.

"Rhage!" The words came from Oscar's mouth but the voice wasn't his, it sounded familiar but it felt like she knew it from a distant memory, foggy and hard to remember. "Rhage it's just a dream!" It called once again but more clear.

As the room shifted blurring together, Rhage closed her eyes. Maybe this was death, she thought solemnly.

"Rhage wake up!" She opened her eyes to see the man from yesterday, Beta Kingston, looking at her his steely eyes clouded with worry.

A nightmare, I hadn't had one of those in forever.

"I'm fine, where is Seer?" Rhage questioned quickly lying.

Rhage wasn't fine, Oscar's merciless green eyes still haunted her even now. She sat up and looked at the hospital gown that was drenched in sweat, clinging to her body.

"She's still unconscious but we have to go meet Alpha HunterMoon," he smiled apologetically, "here go change." There was a brief pause as he tossed her a pile of neatly folded clothes. "And take a shower while your at it." He ordered half joking.

"This is the HunterMoon pack?" Rhage queried looking at the Beta.

Kingston grinned proudly smile lines pulling at his cheeks. "Home of trade for the Children of The Moon!" He said in a singsong voice.

She nodded and realised that they had detached her from the annoying machine and the only noise was her sister's heart monitor, it beeped steadily in assurance.