x.

Oh,You have the tale twisted,I am not what you thought

Oh,
You have the tale twisted,
I am not what you thought.
You had me down as a damsel in distress?
Darling, I'm the wolf.
- S.R.W.

THE SMELL OF SMOKE was sickening, it clung to every surface, every inch of the area smelt like skin was burning. When Rhage felt like she could open her eyes, they stung, and her head throbbed.

She pulled her hand back and noticed blood coated her fingers, flashbacks of that night caused her to stagger back, she looked around, and noticed she was in a cellar type room. Around her wrists and ankles were heavy silver chains, Eclipse was unreachable, the silver blocking her wolf.

Her chest rose and fell, what the hell was going on. It was like a cave, to the stone floors and walls, scarred, like someone clawed at every surface to escape, there was no light but her eyes adjusted fine to the darkness. She didnt see anyone else, she could just smell the suffocating scent of ash and smoke, Rhage knew she was there, Ember.

"My dad has your sister. I wonder, if shes dead yet." Ember giggled, it echoed around her, but Rhage still couldnt see her.

Rhages eyes almost fell from her skull, her breathing almost stopped, no. No. No. No. No.

Finn found his father, happily talking with Alpha HunterMoon, he couldnt contain his excitement, the second he reached his dad he told him about how he found his mate, she had just woken from a coma and that she agreed to come home with them.

His father was nothing but ecstatic, "Tell me all about her on the way son," he clasped a hand on the boys shoulder as they made their way towards his mate.

Lynn felt something in her chest, anxiety, something was wrong, she no longer felt like she knew what was going on around her, she knew something happened. She set aside her drink and cleared her throat, she decided to make a rash last minute decision to save her pack, and the pack of riches.

"Attention everyone, it was just revealed that the pack of riches heir has found his mate," Lynn swallowed when the room erupted into cheers, knowing that revealing this knowledge could bite her in the ass.

"I'd also like to say that I have found my mate." Lynn couldnt help but smile as her pack followed suit hollering in joy. "As they are sisters, our packs will be joined. Me and Alpha Marcus feel like this is a good solution since many of you found your mates here, you wont be separated from your families, our borders will no longer be closed and you may come and go as you please." She tried not to reveal her nerves, as this was a blatant lie, Alpha Marcus didnt know of such arrangements, she would have to find him before he heard the news from anyone else.

"Thank you all, have a wonderful night." Lynn turned away before the packs came to bombard her with questions, her eyes fell on King, "answer any of their questions, talk to the gammas to set up appropriate housing for anyone who requests it, I need to go deal with some things." She didnt wait for his response, just sped up into a light jog hoping to catch the Alpha and his son.

Finn excitedly chattered to his dad about Seer, her name, her looks, the way she smelt and the way her wolf constantly talked to his since she woke. His father listened with a smile on his face, "I remember when I met your mother, I was over the moon, I'm happy for you son." He ruffled his sons hair gaining a groan in response.

"She just around here-" Finn stopped suddenly, when the open door and torn sheets came into their view.

"Shes gone." Finn's heart sunk to his knees.

The men turned to see Lynn gasping for air, "Alpha Marcus we need to talk, immediately." They huddled into the room where Seer once slept, distraught Finn didnt listen to a word as he held her gown in his clenched fists.

Lynn cursed in her head, Oscar had already sent Ember to take the girl. She withheld the urge to turn around and make sure her mate was safe, but she had just seen her moments ago speaking to Alpha Marcus's son. She assured herself that her mate could handle it.

"Were joining our packs, but theres something you should know about the girl, Scar is after her and my mate, they're sisters. We have the same goal now, to get the girl back and protect our pack from him." She spoke rushed, her heart pounded in her chest as Alpha Marcus remained silent, his brows furrowed in thought.

"I agree. But, we cant stop there, well need help from more of the packs, I'll arrange it, it will only work with the promise of money or trades, but that's our specialty now is it not?" He chuckled. "You'll loose your status, you understand that right?"

Lynn stared at him, and gritted her teeth, "I'd be happy to be your beta, Alpha Marcus." She tilted her head in respect.

Lynn thought of how her pack would take the news, her beta, it was for the best of the entire werewolf community, they would have to get over it.

Alpha Marcus agnowleged the former Alpha with a smile, "I was hoping we'd have to chance to join forces. After this is all over, you'll have the opportunity to be Alpha again." He consoled Lynn, who was clearly struggling.

"Father, why would he do this?" Finn whispered staring up from his spot on the floor.

"I'm not sure child, power, revenge, fear. I dont know." Marcus sighed. "Theres a lot of work to be done, well get her back, but be prepared, Oscar is not one to hold prisoners."

Lynn felt sick, this was a threat from Ember and her father, she could be anywhere anytime.

Lynn didnt have a way out of this, in order to keep her pack safe and to distract Oscar from her plans, she needed to kill her mate.

But she couldnt let Alpha Marcus know of her plans, and it was going to be a great deal harder now that he is above her in station.

Planning a war, merging packs, rescue mission, and killing her mate, Lynn had a lot on her shoulders, and not much time.

Ember chuckled as she circled Rhage, "I wonder, how you managed this long without dying, your incredibly easy to capture." Embers eyes looked lifeless, a pale glaze covered them, making them look murky, she drew a long finger down the side of Rhage's face. "Father wishes to play with you before I kill you, but dont get to comfortable, this is just the beginning." The child cocked her head and grinned, before disappearing, only leaving ash and smoke behind.

---