vi.

And like the moon she had a side of her so dark, that even the stars couldnt shine on it; she had a side of her so cold even the sun couldnt burn on it

-Abigail.J

"DONT YOU DARE," LYNN hissed, she relaxed when her little mates wolf instantly backed down, the dark energy in the room dissipated. Lynn took a quick glance around the room to see only a few people looking their way.

Most of them too invested in their conversation to sense the outburst of powerful energy, the ones who did notice ignored it and went about their business.

Looking down at the rogue, Lynn let out a breath of disappointment that made Rhage's blue eyes narrow. "Get up, dust yourself off, and go to your sister. We will talk about this tantrum later." Lynn whispered so quietly even Rhages sharp ears could barely make out what she said. But Rhage still listened, not understanding fully what was going on.

Lynn watched as Rhage got on her feet and bent down to pick up the tray and fallen baked goods. She could admit, the Moon Goddess made her a beautiful mate. Rhage was well built, gorgeous in fact. Long black hair and sharp features, gave her the appearance of a fairy, an evil one, but still, a pale dark fairy.

Rhage felt her mate watching her, as she tossed the food and tray in the trash, not caring to bring the tray back to the kitchen. She no longer felt like making herself useful here. All she wanted was her sister. So she weaved through the crowd and out the tall doors.

Lynn looked over her shoulder at Ember, who was smirking with her green eyes full of mischief. She tossed her red curls over her shoulder and sauntered over to Lynn's side. "Whyd you stop me? I was having fun watching the doggy bark." Ember sneered.

"Ember. You are 14. It was gross." Lynn tsked, "besides, I told you, she is here with pack protection until the full moon, you would be a fool to start a war here, I wouldnt be able to assist you-" she trailed off noticing Embers curiousity.

"What?" Lynn asked not looking forward to the young girls answer. "Why havent you rejected her? Why did you give her sanctuary, my wolves nearly had her at your borders." Ember cooed as if she was saying something cheerful, not plotting Lynn's mates death.

"I dont answer to you Ember, just your father." Lynn didnt want anymore questions, "I think it's time you leave, I dont need anyone asking why your here." But as she looked over to where Ember was standing, the young girl was gone, only leaving the scent of smoke lingering in the room.

Rhage stopped on her way to the hospital wing to look at the carvings and tapestries on the walls.

The fall of the stars, its history is different in every region. But one thing remains the same in every tale. The sun wolf and moon wolf, two wolves in love, cursed to be apart forever. Except, every few hundred years, when they would touch in passing, an eclipse.