Grad

After I entered the house I got in the shower and took a bath for bed. Has I head to bed I heard more shots than before,

Get flat, get flat! My mother said in a whisper and I just lay there while my mother began praying that we make it through the night and all my mind was on is this man.

Wondering if he is safe or anything because I know for sure this man is involved in all this.

The night was long but I got through it.

Today is my big day in which I make my mother super proud.

I sent a message in the group asking my girls if they are ready. They all replied with a yes but most of them are nervous.

Graduation begins at 11 and I had set my makeup appointment for 9 which means I can do a little house chores before I go.

I took a shower and iron out my gown that I'll be wear with my mother's clothes that she'd be wearing.

The time is moving really fast. It's now 8:30 so I'm ready to get my face done.

When I got outside I realized how dull the place is looking. People is always on the street and the street was clear, so something really went down last night.

My mind wandered off to if he's okay once more and then I suddenly realized that he didn't even message me which he told me he'd do.

I checked my WhatsApp for his name and I'm not even seeing his last seen. I contemplated if I should message him or not but I don't know what to say.

Hey! Was the only thing my fingers allowed me to type and I just locked my phone not knowing if he'd reply or not.

I got a taxi after walking to the entrance of the lane and made it in time for my appointment.

My face took about 40 minutes to finish and I just headed back straight home to get ready.

After I was completely finished in readying myself I headed back out to go to the church where the graduation would be held. I had to reach there earlier than the graduation time and knowing me how I didn't know time I had to be running to get in line.

I saw all my friends in line. I was marching with Shan so I had to find her.

"Bomboclaat" was what I was greeted with

"Awah" I said

"Girl a weh uh guh fi dis yh heels yh" she replied

"Girl uh love excitement too much, mi soon mek yk the pree" I told her.

My other friends were marching behind us so we would be seated beside each other.

After telling Shan that I know that I couldn't keep it to myself anymore I had to let my friends know what's happening.

Graduation finally began and we started marching to the seats, I saw my mom in the crowd with the widest smile on her face.

This was my aim, I made it! I'm graduating without getting pregnant or anything of that sort.

As I sat in graduation my mind suddenly went back to him, I checked my phone to see if I got any messages and there was none.

'This is so long and boring I can't wait for it to be over' I thought to myself.
.................................................................................
After a long wait it was over and my friends and I marched outside.

Due to how my friends couldn't wait to hear what I had to tell them, they formed a congregation.

"Girl gi wi di deeds" Shan said

"Bwoy unuh nuff n love my business ehh" I said and laugh

"Anyways unuh Memba the don from wah nite"

"They all looked confused at first but to how Avii extra she did affi shout"

"The don???"