Chapter 42

"Before Tomorrow"

Suffice to say, today has held one of the busiest mornings I've had in a very long time.

As soon as I woke up I went to the Station and put in a few hours, igniting that zealous spark I needed for the day once I solved a small case and went home. Afterwards, I took a brisk walk around the neighborhood and later decided to start reading a new book once I got back.

It was an amazing morning, though, to say the least. I got to do some of the things I enjoy most, and the cherry on top was the welcoming buzz of accomplishment after arranging tomorrow's dance a bit.

I went to the location I thought would be perfect for it — City Hall. It can be elegant if well-embellished, in which Delilah helped immensely with.

We managed to decorate the place almost perfectly within a few hours, but have to go back later today to add the finishing touches. Alongside that, I got to send out all of the invitations I made, and most were gratefully accepted — the rest I'm still waiting to hear from.

It wouldn't surprise me if some don't make an appearance tomorrow night, the idea was last minute after all.

But even so, my excitement for all of this is through the roof! With as much as I've been setting up the dance with Delilah today, I can tell she's just as anticipated.

And speaking of... in the midst of everything I've done today, the things she said yesterday has been lingering in the corner of my mind ever since.

Clouding it as if it were never meant to fade away.

You want something that captivates you in the most exhilarating way. A love that excites you so heavily that it can be dangerous...

And the first thought that occurred after taking in her words; the thought that changed everything...

I've felt all that before.

The dangerous excitement...

A captivating thrill...

The inevitable experience of it all doesn't lead to much overthinking. Because I already grasped the conclusion.

I did the second I processed Delilah's words.

And now, here I am.

Here we are.

Well, texting, that is.

Me: So as soon as I sent you the invite, you just instantly wanted to know where I am?

Rio reads the message as soon as it delivered.

Rio: Mhm. So you gonna tell me?

My brows knit together in curiosity, as I lean against the kitchen island.

Me: Why exactly?