Chapter 27

"Breaking Point"

     Warmth bristles in the Summer breeze as the dropping temperatures of Autumn are near

     Warmth bristles in the Summer breeze as the dropping temperatures of Autumn are near. The serenity is calm, quiet.

It's peaceful. An impeccable place for thoughts to wither just for the rest of the day.

I needed this. And after finding out that the Station is putting together Wanted posters for Rio's eleven men, I got to speak with Delilah. She reassured that everything was under control for me to leave the Station for just a couple of hours.

I knew just the place to take my mind off of Rio's first, and hopefully final, move. His move was just one I hadn't expected.

"Come on, Vince." I start teasingly, climbing the small mountain as we near it's peak. Vince drags behind - remotely pausing to momentarily catch his breath.

I peer my blue green irises down a second to see Vince just a couple feet beneath me as we both clutch onto the rock's rough surface; I feel my lips quirk up when his solid brown eyes latch on mine.

Releasing a sigh, Vince cocks up an impressed brow before glancing down at his climbing feet again. "I don't know how you do it," he remarks beneath his breath.

After we started hiking around the mountain's rocky surface, the trail required just a hint of climbing - if you really want to overlook the outskirts of the city.

I've seen the view before. It's remarkable.

Now if Vince would catch up sooner than later, I get to see the look on his face when we reach the mountain's peak.

My ocean eyes fixate on the rocky point above us, a moment. "Almost there," I chime excitedly.

The afternoon sun is uncovered and beaming down on our backs; the countless, distinctive clouds encamping around it's bountiful light as time refuses to still.

I cherish mornings like these.

Within passing seconds, we reach the top of the mountain - it's vast peak shorter than the others.

Taking in a sharp inhale, my two feet stand upright on the sand covered rocks. I hear Vince step on the rocky pebbles behind me.

I spin around.

"We did it!" I squeal in mere triumph, a smile plastering.

Vince purses his full lips, seemingly suppressing a relative smile while he peeks down at the sandy rocks a moment.

His back is facing the incredible scenery - I can tell he doesn't even acknowledge the fact.

I briefly lick my lips, and start in anticipated steps in Vince's direction.