The Grey Butterfly 3

*Here you go you hungry pack of author eating children. Enjoy*

The school bell sounded, shutting me out of my stressful thoughts

"Mariana?" that same Southern twang asked. Oh great but when I turn around I see a petite girl with the same green eyes but with auburn hair tied back "You're Mariana, right?" She played nervously with the end of her plaid skirt that sat at an elegant length just below her knees. "Yeah. Are you okay?" I ask out of courtesy.

"Wow" her jaw drops open. "You are as beautiful as my brother showed me".

Ah so I see I've found his other half. "I'm sorry but did you just say showed?" Warning bells sounded in my head. Her eyes snapped open as if she accidentally let it slip "No...I...I...Can we just start again? I'm Gracie, Harry's sister" She paused and then warily stuck her hand out. I excepted it gracefully but still felt hesitant. "Our family's new in town" she started. "And well seeing as my brother and I are fond of you maybe if you would like you could come round for a meal with our family? We are trying to befriend the neighbourhood so what better then to start with you". Her way of talking caught my eye, sometimes she speaks like she's from a different time. Her voice was melodic, rising and falling while she spoke.

"Em..." Her eyes became glassy at my sudden hesitation. "Sure" I finished and a smile appeared from cheek to cheek on her face. She waved her time table in the air "I should probably get going. No doubt it will take me longer as I don't know where I am going".

"Who's your class with? Maybe I can help". She passes me her time table and our hands slightly brush sending an electric pulse up my arm which jolts her back. "Sorry, sorry" she rushed her repetitive apology. Her hands were unusually cold. I feel like I should start making a list of the unusually weird things both halves have done. "It's okay I promise". She looked relieved at my reply. "I have the same classes as you" I frown. "I'll walk with you" and she nodded. She walked past the other students uncomfortably close to me, her head snapping in all different directions at the other groups of people almost in a way as if she was their prey. We had turned up for our first period of History but she froze in the door way.

"Miss Grayson..." he paused. "I'm sorry Miss but I don't seem to know your name. You must be the other new student". He leaned back against his desk waiting for her reply, she seemed lost like her head had totally been wiped of all information. That was until her eyes found her brothers in the swamp of seats. "Eh, Gracie Dragmore" She whispers.

"Right, well welcome to St. Clarence High, I'm Mr Matthews and I will be your History teacher for the next year". He rushed his scripted lines, not even trying to be warm and welcoming. "Please take your seats girls". We make our way to three free seats marked as a triangle at the front of the class and sat side by side. She kept on looking back at her brother with a tense expression on her face. Mr Matthews began the lesson but my attention was else where and it seemed like all of the girls sitting around Harry were in the same boat as me. One girl flirtatiously stroked up and down his arm and another sat gazing at him as she twirled her long hair in between her fingers. I could hear the faint whispers from where they sat and caught his eyes from behind me. His expression was lost but his body language was stiff. Everyone else then turned at once and glared at me "Miss Grayson" Mr Matthew's voice rang out in my head and I turned my attention back to the front to see him leaning over my desk impatiently in my face. "What?" I asked politely.

"I asked you to estimate the deaths of World War One".

I didn't take much time thinking about it before saying "I donno, a lot" I shrugged. Muffled laughter was sounded from behind me.

"Now is not the time for your dry humor. Please pay attention" he tapped his fingers on my desk and returned back to pacing around the class while we all sat slouched in our chairs listening.

*******************************************************

So I thought you guys deserved this....I may have wound you up saying it would be this weekend I would update but I already had most of it written I just had to do some things here and there. Anyway I really hope you like it. Oh and I will still do a second update...soon!!!!!