The Grey Butterfly 32

While his eyes were still disparing, he smiled with the most contented smile he could form. Without warning his soft lips held mine. This time our kiss wasn't heated or rushed, it was slow and passionate showing all the pain, all the loss, all the anger we both felt and it was all leaving our bodies while we were one. I broke off from him and rested my head on his chest savoring our last moments "No heartbeat?" I ask.
"No heart" he answers quietly. I knew what I was feeling wasn't right but it was something that I had no control over just as Harry had reminded me that he had no control over the fact he'd been made. I knew it wasn't right but how can something so right feel so wrong at the same time?
"I know my father doesn't love me" he stated out of nowhere. "Who am I kidding, he's not even my father. I don't know why I continue this fantasy of a loving home with a perfect family, it's not something I will every have. My mother though she shows passion and love for us but not my father, he just see's us for what we are, a failed experiment. He treats us like we really are, monsters" it brought tears to my eyes that he thought of himself in the worst ways.
"You think you're a monster? There are human beings in this world that are more inhuman than you are. You think you don't deserve love because your father has treated you that way for so long it has over ruled the love your mother and others show for you. You except all the hate and exclusion you've been shown and you turn in the other direction when you are shown the least bit of affection, when infact you deserve so much more." I hadn't realised how philosophical I had gotten in such a short period of time but in a way I was thankful I needed him to know. I needed to set myself straight.
"Mia before you say all of this to me and we live happily ever after like in the fairytales, I think there's something you've been asking me for a while now and I think now I am ready to answer it for both of our sakes" I looked at him confused but then his words settled in. We were never going to get our fairytale ending. I knew that, but he didn't.
"Harry.." I begin but he ignores my opening and removes the gentil curls from behind his ear and shows off his butterfly tattoo. "What does that mean? Gracie has one, so does your dad everyone bar your mother"
"My father. Frank" he corrects himself "He's a scientist and part of a large but secretive company that develope organisms off the radar from the rest of the world and their most successful project was Gracie and I, we are the closest they have gotten to creating a geneticly modified human being. We were let out into the world for two reasons. One was to watch over us and see if we coud blend into mundane society and the second reason was so we could meet you and tell you about us."
"I don't know what your getting at" I cock my head.
"The company that issued Frank the permission to go ahead with creating us were grayson incorperated."
"I still don't know what you're getting at."
"Mia it was your fathers company who did this. When we were ready we were told to come and find you to tell you about him and what he's done, we are to bring you to him. After your parents split your father devoted his life's work to you and even your sister. He wanted to make something of himself for you things just got lost along the way. Gracie was right. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you but I did and in such numbered days as well which makes me think it's just part of who we are. Our sences are hightened and our attraction to things becomes stronger. Probably just another default but in this case it's a blessing and maybe the world is just messed up because we're to busy loving things and using people but maybe that's the beauty of it too" he rambled on. "I need you to be okay with this, please" he plead now on his knees hugging my by my legs. It hadn't even registered in my mind that I currently had tears falling down my broken face. We were born to be real not to be perfect, why were they trying so hard to prove that wrong? because apparently we were being made like machines to be perfect going against this theory completly. It may have failed once but what happens when it works? Becuase Harry and Gracie were just another failed prototype in the making but right now the only thing I could coherently put together in my head at this exact moment is what I had done to deserve something so messed up. We aren't given a good nor bad life. We are given life and we have to decide whether we make it godd or bad, messed up and sad but this matter was totally out of my hands and left only in the universe because the truth is, as much as humans want to contol everything we can't and with my epiphany over I shut off like a light and lay in the darkness.

The END.

************************************************************************

Don't worry guys I am still to upload an epilogue but still even after that there is no need to worry Mian and Harry's story is not over yet. I will upload the sequal as soon as I have it planned out on how I want it to go. But I do need you help. In order to write a sequal I need a name. I would love if you could all suggest a name/names for the sequal and it has to relate to the grey butterfly. I would be so grateful. Untill next time, the last time.

Love you all. Hope you enjoyed the shock!