The Grey Butterfly 16

Mia's Pov

The smell of bacon and burnt toast is what pulled me out from my hazy sleep. My hair tangled and spread out across my chest and Harry's pillow. The smell became stronger the more I thought about it. The crispy bacon, the butter covering toasted bread like a yellow blanket. I rolled onto my side and the flow of blood ran to my head.

"Humf." My vision straightened out to find my body bathed in soft red petals. I played with them meshing through my fingers and the Cheshire cat smile peaked on my morning face. I looked around the room for Harry. My disappointment of waking up alone hadn't even surfaced due to waking up in a blanket of petals.

A note sat on the edge of my pillow. 'Follow the petals'. I got up onto my feet, the bare patterning of them creating the only noise in the room. I clung to the bottom of Harry's shirt and pulled it over my knees. My hair fell over my shoulders and onto my face while I tiptoed down the carpeted floors following Harry's note.

"Harry?" I whisper. "Harry?"

"Mia." The voice came from behind me.

"Harry, you know I hate waking up alone," I taunt. Then, I turn around to see Gracie with her face scrunched up.

"Seems like you and Harry had an eventful night." She smirks.

"It's not what it looks like, I promise." Waving my hands in front of her face.

"Sure it's not." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"It was late and Harry said we were having a sleepover, but I was just so tired and I, well.....fell asleep." I rambled on.

"Look, I'm not judging. And plus, what do you mean we were having a sleepover? I didn't know about this."

"You didn't? But Harry said---"

"Harry said what?" He eventually appeared in low hanging shorts and no shirt.

"That we--" I pointed to Gracie and I.

"Doesn't matter." He wraps his arms around me from behind and presses his chin on my shoulder.

Gracie smirks once more. "Maybe you shouldn't let your girlfriend walk around so bare." A huge grin caught on her face.

"We're not together.." I cut in hesitantly, but Harry groans in response.

"Mia," he says harshly and forwards a glare to his sister.

"Good luck," she says to me. "But I think it's best I go." She scurries away and I am left alone under his sultry glare.

"Harry," I begin.

"No!" He dominantly cuts me off. "Come." He leads me toward the mouth watering smell, which moments ago I had blindly forgotten about. "Sit," he commands and points to the seat by the breakfast bar.

As soon as I had finished eating, I spoke, not being able to function under his constant glare. "I think I should maybe go now." I played with the remaining bacon on my plate.

I got nothing but eyes from him. "You want to leave?" I detected this sense of hurt in his voice, which was soon covered up by his stance.

"I think I should." I get up from my seat, leaving him without another word, collecting my clothes, and removing everything bar his shirt infused with his fragrance.

"Gracie?" I call down the never ending hall. "Gracie?"

Her head peeped around the corner of the door at the end of the hall. "Mia are you calling me?" She scratches her head.

"Can you tell Harry I'm sorry?"

"Mia, what are you doing?"

"Look, I don't know. I can't talk to him and try to explain everything right now."

"Why are you trying to push him away? Do you not like him?"

"No I do. God, I do." I sigh "But I shouldn't have kissed him. I shouldn't have let my guard down. I shouldn't have slept in the same bed as him."

"But if you like him so much, then what's the problem?"

"We're moving too fast. I'm moving too fast. I don't want to hurt him and I don't want him to hurt me."

"Okay, I won't ask any more questions, but if I let you get away, you promise that you'll talk to him as soon as you've figured everything out?"

"Yes." I rush "I promise."

Gracie nods her head and takes me by my wrist "Is he still in the kitchen?"

"As far as I know, yes" We creep down the stairs and get to the end of the hall where the kitchen door is.

"Okay, so heres the plan: I'm gonna go in there and talk about.....well anything, and you're gonna make a run for the door."

I give her a thumbs up. She squints her eyes and her breathing started to increase.

"Go now." She rasps through a painful breath and stumbles into the kitchen.

I kept walking through the body of the house, until my exit point was within eye view. Checking over my shoulders as if I was about to commit a sinful crime. I heave the door open to be hit by this white light striking my eyes. I threw my arm in front of my face, protecting myself, but kept walking into the daylight. I escaped.

Harry's Pov

I know what you're up to Gracie. I scream to her.

Look don't go all The Hulk on my ass. What else am I supposed to do? I mean she's giving me those eyes. Those eyes.

Don't let her leave, Gracie. I demand. Or I will come up there.

Harry you know you can't do that. What if you say something you regret?

What am I supposed to do then? I mindlessly stare at the milk carton in the fridge.

Let her leave---

Are you crazy? I bark. I don't want her to leave me.

She's not leaving you, or not in the sense that you think anyway. I know you've been listening in, so there's no point in me explaining anything. Just prove to her everything that she's doubting.

So, I just let her walk out the door? I clarify.

Yes, but then you go after her. Well, wait some time before, like let her get home and stuff. Just act as though we've never had this conversation.

Okay. I give into my sisters sage words of wisdom.

***************************************************************************************

Sorry guys a bit of a boring chapter this time :(

Anyway....I'm actually kind of looking for a editor/advisor basically I'm looking for someone I can send my work to prior of publishing to check over grammar/spelling/everything makes sence stuff like that and an advisor to read over it and tell me things i could change and advise me on promotion type things and some other bonuses. It would also be good if you are good at making covers. So please If you are interested please fill out the forms at the bottom and either comment them or (preferably) P.M me them, there are so many advantages for you, like I would tell you how if will end and you get to read the chapters before anyone else and much much more. I will wait until I have 3-5 forms and then decide. If I cannot choose one then I will choose one editor and one advisor.

Forms

Name -

Age -

Any Experience -

Why You Are Intereted? -

Opinion On The Grey Butterfly -

Payment -

Mood - 

~ Edited 27/07/2015