Chapter 3

CHAPTER III
Batman

───⋅ ⋅───

   "What the hell, Thea?" Remi hissed while stomping across the street, looking pissed. Considering the last time I saw him he was cheating on me, I flinched before lowering my head—only to realize Myles was still holding onto me. He noticed the same time as me.

   He ripped his hands off my arms, but it was too late. Remi already noticed him.

   "Who is this?" He demanded and moved forward, so he was at arms reach. When I didn't lift my head, Remi let out a frustrated sigh before softening his tone. "Listen, look at it in my perspective. You didn't answer my texts. My calls aren't going through, and now I see you're with..." His nose flared with disgust as he looked Myles over, but he quickly fixed his expression before clenching out, "Another man I don't know."

   Peering over my shoulder, I saw Myles focused coolly on Remi, but there was a warning glint in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, I faced Remi and stepped away from Myles, keeping him behind me.

   For a moment, my eyes lingered over my ex-boyfriend. His dark brown, wavy hair was usually well-kept. With faded sides, it was hard to make it dishevelled without looking good in the process. But right now, it was a mess. And not a pretty, sexy mess. He seemed frantic. Nervous. Scared.

   His eyes were downturned, and during most of the day, they were a shining chestnut brown. But staring into them now made it felt like I was swimming in milk chocolate—and I hated it.

   Physically and personality wise, Remi and Myles were exact opposites. Remi was my type. He was tall, around six-foot, and lean. He had some muscles in his arms and legs because he played basketball in high school, and he had a faint tan. His nose was straight, and while his facial features weren't baby-like, they weren't as harsh in comparison to Myles. He was clean shaven, which I always liked because when Remi smiled, it felt like it was straight from a Disney movie.

   Right now, he felt like the villain.

   "Althea," he bit out, losing his patience. He started to step forward the same moment Myles gripped my upper arm again, and we all froze. Remi's eyes narrowed at his hand before his face turned red. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, man? Let go of my girlfriend."

   Myles didn't budge, which riled up Remi more. "Let go of her before I make you."

   "Remi," I gaped in surprise because he wasn't violent at all.

   "Who is he, Thea?" He demanded, not moving his glare off the man behind me. "Are you cheating on me?"

   I couldn't stop myself from coughing in disbelief before shrugging Myles hand off me. He released me but didn't stop hovering while I tried to take a slow, deep breath to stop myself from blowing up, even though all I wanted to say was "You cheated on me twenty-four hours ago, maybe even longer than that, and you think you have the right to ask me if I'm cheating?"  

   Instead, I put on a tight smile before asking a little too loudly, "How's Val's pussy?"

   In a matter of seconds. all the fury vanished off Remi's expression as he stared at me with horror. But I kept my smile intact, especially while I stepped closer to him, so he could feel the hatred rolling off my body in waves. 

   "Well? Tell me. Was she good? Was it worth it? How long has it been going on? Weeks? Months? Come on, Rem. We both know you know how to speak. Tell me about all the ways you cheated on me. Is she the first one?"