Chapter 9

CHAPTER IX
Bootie Call

───⋅ ⋅───

   Check.

   Check.

   Check.

   With a grin ear to ear, I closed my small notebook and turned my attention to the window. Streaks of sun fell onto my bed, no thanks to my sheer curtains. But unlike other times, I didn't mind it. My body was completely relaxed—and sore. I was revelling in it.

   I don't remember ever feeling so physically satisfied. Scratch that. I've never been satisfied by a man—at least, not without my help. I usually had to touch my clit,  but Myles... this man had my hands tied and made me come four times last night. I didn't even know that could happen.

   Glancing at the notebook in my lap, I bit my lip and wondered the next time I could cross more things out.

   At the same time, I didn't want to push Myles' boundaries. He didn't seem too closed off last night when he finally finished. In fact, we ended up bantering the entire time he was putting his clothes on. It made me relieved, knowing that whatever... this was, it wouldn't affect our somewhat of a relationship.

   A sudden knock on my door made me jolt out of my thoughts. Widening my eyes, I twisted my head toward the door. "Who is it?"

   "Me," Nellie said before drawling, "You alone?"

   That question confirmed my worst fear—well, not the worst one, but it was definitely up there. She heard me having sex. No one ever wanted their roommates, let alone their best friend, hear that. Especially when you didn't want to answer any questions.

   Remembering that I currently held my sex list, I scrambled and shoved my notebook inside the first drawer of my nightstand before sitting against the headboard.

   Clearing my throat, I embarrassingly rasped, "Yeah."

   Despite me assuring her, she gently cracked the door open and double checked that my room was, in fact, empty.

   She visibly sighed in relief before entering the room and closing the door behind her.

   Her blonde hair was pulled in a high pony, and because she wore black yoga shorts, it made her tanned legs longer than usual. She also dressed in an oversized navy sweatshirt that hid most of her figure.

   The moment, I finished my quick assessment, I met her nearly black, hooded eyes and cringed when I saw them in slits. The judgment was radiating off her.

   "I can't believe you found a rebound without telling me."

   My mouth opened until I mentally repeated what she said. That's what she was angry about.

   Ignoring my shocked expression, she threw her arms up in frustration before continuing, "I mean, obviously I agreed you should get a rebound, but I thought you'd tell me everything." Her eyes widened in horror before they shot to mine. "Wait, was it with..."

   "No. It was a guy from the bar," I lied easily. Way too easily. But I wanted to save myself from Nellie's rant that I was being unsafe. I knew what I was doing, and right now, it didn't want to feel criticized. Nellie would come from a good place—she always cared, but I wanted a moment of peace.

   Considering the last time she saw Myles, he had a gun pointed at her, I didn't want to ruin the moment. Even though the memory still scarred me, his intentions weren't with malice.