Epilogue

Epilogue
Mi Luna

───⋅ ⋅───

   For the first time in almost four years, I returned to Ameria. Truthfully, I hadn't expected to come back after I moved to the city for my internship. But at the same time, I didn't expect a lot of things to happen the way they did.

   I couldn't help but look around the strip with a fond gaze.

   The cafes I frequented. The bars. Clubs. The small shops. The tattoo parlour. Blackstone Ink.

   One of those places would be closing.

   Spike was apparently older than I gave him credit for because he surprised Myles and I last month with the statement; he'd be closing down his business and moving to a state down south. Myles, always refusing to show how much someone or something was affecting him, acted nonchalant. But as we drove to the retirement party yesterday, he'd been gripping the wheel a little too tight.

   During the party, though, Spike made it known that he'd still be visiting Myles every other month, and expected the same in return. He fervently refused, but I quickly noticed how his expression softened a smidge.

   I liked to think Myles has become more emotionally available, but I've concluded that part of him only applies to me.

   When we returned from Greece all those years ago, I moved back with my parents, since they lived close to Lillian's building. I hadn't expected Myles to follow me, but he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't planning on leaving me. Before the summer ended, he'd already moved to Detroit.

   Living with my parents was healing, though. A little hectic because during that time, they gave birth to my little brother, Ares. But with the encouragement from Myles, I managed to sit them down and tell them what I heard, and how it all made me feel.

   Mom cried. Dad teared up. For the week after that, they told me to call in sick and warn Myles that they'd be taking me on a trip.

   Although, as much as I loved them, I didn't last a year before I moved out. Into Myles' apartment.

   Ever since then, life moved forward. Myles created a loyal base of customers who sought him out for his work. Word of mouth was also extremely effective because it wasn't long until he was able to open up his own shop in the city. Four years weren't a lot, but to him, he's managed to grow so much as a person, and with his work. Granted, he'd only ever colour for me—technically, he'd only colour a picture of me—but he's stopped his past from hanging over his head.

   He spoke to Remi.

   Well, he spoke to him a few months after we got back together. For that time, he'd felt a ton of things. Anger was one of them—he still hated Remi for how he treated me—but he no longer envied him. He was nervous.

   Remi took it better than we both expected. He confronted Lillian and Preston and went low contact with them after he got confirmation that they knew about Myles but refused to adopt him. Lillian never got angry. She managed to convince Myles to have dinner with them—with me there—and I liked to believe that I mediated the situation, because after the end of that year, things started to look up.

   Remi and I would never be best friends again, but I think we both changed because of Myles, and that brought us closer again. Although, sometimes Remi would playfully flirt with me to annoy his brother—which Myles had low tolerance for.

   I didn't mind because hate sex with Myles was phenomenal.

   Working for Lillian gave me good experience, and I felt terrible when I accepted a higher paid position with another company as an investigative journalist. Myles said was fitting because I've never stopped asking questions. Not that he complains. He still cashed in on kisses every night.