Welcome To SHIELD

Valeriya tried to control her breathing, trying not to dwell on all that just happened. They made their way out the front door of the building, and Valeriya caught her breath. The street was littered with police cars, and SWAT team vehicles. But Valeriya's attention was on the large jet in front of her. She tilted her head, mindlessly observing that it was shaped like a bird. The woman moved ahead of her toward the jet, and Valeriya reluctantly followed. As they approached the hanger door of the jet, they we surrounded by four people, who Valeriya recognized as agents. Their guns were trained on Valeriya, as she walked. The woman glanced behind her to see Valeriya clench her fists. The woman yelled something at the group of agents, and they immediately dispersed. Valeriya quickly glanced up at the woman, in a silent "thank you" The woman smiled down at Valeriya, and gestured for her to come up the ramp of the jet. Valeriya ran up the ramp, and was immediately escorted to a seat. Valeriya's eyes widened as she was strapped into a seat. She was beginning to struggle against the straps, when the woman placed her hand gently on Valeriya's arm. Valeriya stopped her struggle, and stared up at the woman. Her gaze examined the woman's face. The woman's green eyes stared back her her, as if she were looking into her mind. Her bright red hair tumbled down, just above her shoulders. Valeriya watched as the woman's eyes widened, in what Valeriya recognized as fear. She quickly looked away, and heard a small gasp from the woman. Her head quickly swiveled back to face her.  

 "Have I done something?" She asked hesitantly. The woman quickly regained her serious composure, and shook her head no. Valeriya noticed, before the woman turned away, that the woman had been staring at her eyes. Valeriya's hand rose to her own face, and then she realized. Her eyes were green as well, almost identical to the woman in front of her. Valeriya shivered, and dismissed the thought quickly before she could dwell on it.The jet shook under Valeriya's feet, and before she could blink, they were airborne. She whirled her head around to face the woman, who was sitting to her right.  

 "How far must we fly?" Valeriya asked. The woman thought for a moment before answering  

  "Should be about five more minutes now" she said, stretching out her feet in front of her. Valeriya blew a strand of her hair out of her face. The woman was not wrong, it was barely minutes later when she felt the jet making its descent. She caught sight of the view outside the window, and she took in a sharp breath. A large building loomed in front of them. It was surrounded by water, a guarded bridge was the only way back into the mainland. She slumped back in her seat, as she felt the jet land smoothly on the landing pad.   

 "Where are we?" Valeriya asked rubbing her hands together. The woman unclipped the straps of her own seat, and Valeriya did the same, refusing help from the pilot.   

 "Headquarters" the woman answered vaguely. Valeriya sighed in slight frustration. The woman approached her, lifting her hand slightly. Valeriya eyed it carefully, understanding the woman's intentions. She nooded, and allowed the woman to place her hand on her shoulder. The woman smiled, and carefully guided Valeriya out of the jet. The moved through the base with ease, the woman guided her down hallway, after hallway. Finally the woman stopped Valeriya in front of a pair of doors. Valeriya glanced up at the woman, for she had removed her hand from her shoulder.   

 "I'll be back for you in an hour." The woman reassured her. Valeriya eyes widened, and from behind the doors, two agents walked towards her. Valeriya whirled her head towards the woman, but she was gone. She felt the guards grab her arms, and even though it was not threatening, she struggled a great deal. The guards didn't let up, and she growled in frustration as they pushed through the doors. The walked forward just slightly, and then stopped and dropped Valeriya onto her feet. She ripped her arms out of their grasp, and she looked upwards to see yet another person standing in front of her.The man in front of her, stood up straight and held his head high above her. A clear sign of some sort of leader. He had dark skin, and he was wearing black clothes, but his most distinctive feature was a black, worn, eye patch covering his left eye, a scar visible just above his eyebrow.   

 "I assume you must be Valeriya" he said thoughtfully. Valeriya only nodded. The man waved his hand at the guards, and the dispersed immediately. Valeriya did not take her eyes off the man in front of her. He seemed to notice this,  

 "I'm Nick Fury. Head of SHIELD. If it's not too much trouble, I would need you to come back to my office. I have a few questions I need to ask you." He stated slowly. Valeriya raised her eyebrow, but didn't object. The quietly followed the man down yet another hallway, before she stepped into a smaller room. Nick sat in a chair begun the desk, Valeriya followed in his example by sitting in a mother chair, facing him.   

 "I understand" he began "that this is a lot to take in"   

 "That's an understatement" Valeriya said boldly. Nick chuckled, and continued.   

  "We saw what happened to your school" Valeriya stiffened but Nick kept speaking.    

 "My only question to you, is how did you manage to take down a fully trained Hydra agent, all by yourself?" Valeriya gripped the arm of the chair, but did not allow her emotions to show in her face. She answered without any hesitation.   

 "My fighting skills just come natural to me. The always have." She said. Nick nodded thoughtfully,   

 "Do you have any family?" He asked. Valeriya's eyes darkened.   

 "No. Both my parents are dead. And I was sent here, to America, to a crappy orphanage in DC. They payed for my school." She responded. Nick seemed to realize that Valeriya was angry, so he backed off with the heavy questions. He only asked her basic questions about her life back in Russia, which she quickly lied about as she was always trained to. After a few more minutes, he stood up from behind his desk.   

 "Here at SHIELD we are always looking for new, and skilled talent to join our force. And with the recent Hydra attack taking away half our agents, we are in dire need of more recruits." He explained. Valeriya nodded, understanding where their conversation was going.   

 "I'll do it" she said. Nick grinned slightly.   

 "Thank you Valeriya." He said, he gestured for her the exit the room. She quickly obliged, and sped out the door. She was immediately escorted by an agent.    

 "Did you have any belongs back at the orphanage?" The agent asked her. Valeriya shook her head.    

 "None that belonged to me" the agent nodded, and eventually showed Valeriya to a small room, they called a "bunk." This was to be her home for as long as she's here. She thanked the guard and shut the door behind her. She sighed and turned around to examine the room. It was quite small, with a bed pushed against the right wall, a desk against the other. She also noticed the smallest kitchen she has ever seen. The stove was in between a tiny fridge and a small microwave. Next to the kitchen was a door. Valeriya opened to the door to see a small bathroom complete with the smallest shower she had ever seen. Valeriya couldn't help but grin at the set up. She closed the door, and walked back over to the bed plopped herself down, and stared up at the ceiling. She didn't realize how tired she was, but once her head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.