Escaping The Building

Natasha woke up slowly, her eyes refusing to open at first. But finally she was fully awake and aware of her surroundings. She was shackled to the wall in one of those classrooms. Her eyes frantically searched the room, but found herself alone. She struggled against the chains, with no luck, and she screamed in frustration.

How could I have let this happen?

How could I have been so stupid?

How could I have not recognized my own daughter?

The weight of that realization hit her like a brick. Tears began to spill over her eyes,

All this time I thought she was dead. I pushed her from my memory, believing I would never see her again. And now she was right in front of me, and I didn't even recognize her.

She broke down, sobs racking her body. She desperately tried again to struggle against the chains, only resulting in cutting her arm. She cried out in pain, stopping her struggle.

Valeriya sprinted down the hallways, trying to avoid looking at the walls.Everyone she would look at them, horrible memories would flood her brain. She set her gaze forward, running down the hallway, quickly looking in each room for signs of Natasha. As she turned one corner, she heard a sound that turned her blood to ice. It was a ear splitting scream of pain,And she knew it was Natasha. Her heart began to beat faster as she made her way down the hallway. She pressed her ear up to each door, beginning to panic when she didn't hear anything. Finally she came upon a door, and as she pressed her ear against it. She heard what was recognizable as a whimper. Valeriya stepped back words from the door, and pulled her pistol out from behind her. She quickly tested the door knob, and it was locked. She held out her pistol and in an instant, shot the door knob off the door. She ran forward and pushed the door inward, and it opened with ease. Valeriya busted in the room. She heard a small gasp from the corner of the room. She whipped her head towards the direction of the noise. Valeriya's eyes widened as she gazed over at Natasha, who was shackled to the wall. She sprinted over and knelt at Natasha's side. She didn't look at Natasha as she quickly shot the shackles so they were no longer connected to the wall. They fell to the ground in a loud CLANG. She turned her head to Natasha.

"Got anything to cut these with?" She asked, gently holding up Natasha's wrist. Natasha nodded and gestured to her boot. Valeriya looked inside Natasha's boot, and pulled out a small SHIELD chisel, the kind used to cut cleanly through metal. She smiled, and quickly went to work in the metal shackles around Natasha's wrist. Minutes later the two shackles fell to the floor, and Natasha say up, rubbing her sore wrists. Valeriya grabbed her left wrist to examine the cut.

"We need to get that treated or it will get infected." She mumbled. "It needs to-" Valeriya was cut off by Natasha's hand, placing her hand under her chin and lifting it up so Valeriya was looking at her. Natasha looked at her, with an expression that was unable to read. Valeriya wanted to say so much, but the words did not come out of her mouth. Natasha smiled sadly, "Right now we just need to get out of here" Natasha explained. Valeriya nodded, her hand shakingly letting go of Natasha's wrist. They both stood up, and Valeriya gave Natasha her gun who was thrown across the room. Without saying another word, they both slowly made their way into the hallway. Natasha touched her finger to her ear,

"Clint" she whispered "Clint, where are you?" She said frantically. A couple seconds later, Natasha breathed a sigh of relief as she got a response.

"I made my way back to the main hallway" Clint's voice echoed through the earpiece. Natasha looked at Valeriya, and nodded. Once again the two set off through the building. "Why did you come after us?" Natasha asked "You could get in a lot of trouble" Valeriya sighed.

"I met a SHIELD agent and she hacked into the SHIELD database, I asked to show me the specs for your mission. When I saw that it was, eh, here. I knew it was a trap set for you" Natasha's eyes widened, and she mumbled something under her breath. Before Valeriya could ask what she had said, they turned the corner and Clint came into view.

"Natasha" he said, greeting the two girls. Valeriya spoke up,

"We need to get out of here" she stated, glancing over her shoulder.

"Agreed" Natasha said. Clint nodded.

"Valeriya, where is the exit" Natasha asked. Valeriya looked down the hallway,

"This way if I remember correctly" she said.