"Them"

Valeryia sat on a bench outside of SHIELD, Natasha by her side. Clint had refused to let Natasha drive because of her shoulder so he was getting a SHIELD car. Natasha's leg was bouncing uncontrollably. Valeryia placed her hand on Natasha's leg, attempting to calm her. Though she didn't know from what. Natasha had not said a word since Clint had said "They"
Valeryia was completely confused as to who "They" were.
"Mom?" She questioned
"What is happening?"
Natasha finally looked up at her. She sighed,
"They" she answered "are my, friends. I don't know why I'm so nervous about telling them about you-"
She stopped abruptly. Valeryia brought her hands down to her sides. She hasn't thought about having to tell a whole lot of people about this.
As she sat next to Natasha in silence her mothers nervousness passed onto her.
A few moments later a jet black car with a SHIELD logo painted on the side, rolled up in front of them. The window rolled down to reveal Clint.
"Lets go" he stated. Natasha stole a glance at Valeryia before getting in the passenger seat.
"It's going to be fine" she muttered more to herself than anyone else.

Valeryia hopped into the backseat of the car, slamming the door shut behind her. Clint notified her that it would be a long drive, so she took that moment to drift off to sleep.

"You can't run forever fräulein" Anastasiya's voice rang through her head.
"Your past will always find you"
Valeryia sprinted down a ally way. She heard a scream up ahead that made her blood turn to ice.
"Mom?" She screamed, her pace quickening.
She finally saw Natasha in front of her.
She gasped as she looked at her mother. Natasha was slumped over in a corner, five bullet wounds in her chest.
"NO!" Valeryia screamed. She ran over to her mother, and cradled her Natasha's pale face in her hands. Her body racked with sobs.
"Mom, please don't leave me. Don't leave me" she cried. As she spoke, two black shapes ripped Natasha's body out of of hands.
"No!" She screamed. The black shapes hissed
"You couldn't save her, you let her die!" They taunted her.
"No!" She screamed once again, clenching her fists together.
"MOM!" She cried. Natasha's pale face rose to look at her. Valeryia tumbled back.
"Valeryia" it spoke "Wake up"

"Wake up please" Natasha's voice pleaded.
Valeryia sat up straight, gasping for air. Natasha had a hand on her arm, and Clint wore a worried expression.
Valeryia's heart rate slowed back to its normal pace, recovering from her nightmare.
"Sorry" she whispered, trying to hide her trembling hand.
"It's alright" Clint spoke softly "But we are here" he said, climbing out of the car. Valeryia blew a strand of hair out of her face and turned to face Natasha. Her eyes connected with her mothers. Natasha's eyes were full of concern, but flashes of her dream kept flashing through her head. A single tear trace down her cheek, but she wiped it away quickly.
"Come on then, we got people to see" Valeryia said, attempting to lighten the mood. Natasha couldn't help but smile. They both hopped out of the car. They made their way over to Clint, who was patiently waiting at the curb. As Valeryia reached the curb, what he saw made her eyes widen.
They were standing in front of a huge skyscraper, in the middle of New York City. Part of the building sloped at a slight angle, and a large blue A, was plastered across the top.
"Woah" Valeryia muttered. Natasha smirked.
Together, the group of three ventured into the lobby of the large building.
Valeryia still had no idea what she was getting into.