A Run In With The Skye

She made her ways through the base, supervising herself as she remembered all the twists and turns she has to take.

Suddenly she was on the ground. Her vision swirling. She shakingly got back up, holding her forehead in her hand.

"Ow" she heard a voice from in front of her groan. Valeriya looked in front of her, to see a girl, about twenty years old, she had brown slightly curly hair. Valeriya stood up, shaking away the dizziness.

"I'm so sorry" Valeriya said, standing over the girl she ran into. The girl looked up at her, her hand also clutched her forehead. Valeriya offered her hand, and the girl took it immediately. Valeriya helped her off the floor. The girl stood a good two inches taller than her, Valeriya smiled apologetically at the girl. The girl finally spoke up.

"No, don't be sorry it was probably my fault anyway. I was rushing, trying to ditch my team. I'm kind of not supposed to be here" she explained. Valeriya tilted her head

"Why are you here then? If you aren't supposed to be here. You are an agent, I see your badge poking out of your pocket" Valeriya observed, pointing to the girls jean pocket. The girl smiled.

"Well, my team is being quite secretive, so I'm trying to hack into a couple files to see what mission they are keeping from me." The girl huffed in exasperation "I don't like secrets" Valeriya laughed, gesturing around her.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business" she said. The girl laughed. "What's your name?" She asked. "I can tell your new" Valeriya smiled

"I'm Valeriya" she said offering the girl her hand. The girl took it, returning the smile. "Skye" the girl said. "My name is Skye" Valeriya nodded.

"So, Skye, might I ask if I can accompany you to watch you, hack?" Valeriya sighed "That's a weird sentence" Skye laughed,

"Sure, come one, follow me" Skye said. Valeriya followed Skye through the base until they reached a small room. It looked like a storage room, except for electronics.

"Where are we?" Valeriya asked. Skye laughed,

"Just a storage closet, with the best internet connection" Skye said, flipping open a laptop. Valeriya let out a small laugh, as she watch Skye click away at her keyboard. A few minutes later, she heard Skye give a small whoop in victory. She turned the laptop around to show Valeriya.

"Cracked into the SHIELD database, and accessed the current missions log. And look what I found. Coulson is on a mission with Fitzsimmons in London. They left me here." She said the last part in barely a whisper. She looked up to see Valeriya's confused look.

"They are my team" she explained vaguely. Valeriya nodded her head, looking curiously back at the screen.

"Do you think you can do that for me?" She asked quietly. Skye looked up, raising her eyebrow.

"Access a current mission?" She asked. Valeriya nodded. Skye took a look at her watch,

"I did finish a little early there's still 15 minutes left until SHIELD shuts me down. So yeah, I think I can. What mission?" She asked. Valeriya sighed.

"I'm not sure what it's called. But I know it's in Russia. There's a quinjet heading there now, it still should be a couple hours out." Skye nodded thoughtfully. Valeriya walked behind her and peered over her shoulder. She watched Skye click the current missions folder and type in the word "Russia" She heard her breath a small sigh as only 1 mission popped up.

"That makes things a whole lot easier" she said laughing. Valeriya still stared at the screen. "What's the exact location?" Valeriya asked. Skye clicked a few more things and the coordinates came up on the screen.

"It's located in the Kondyor Massif of Russia. That weird circular mountain range." Skye said. Valeriya gasped. The Red Room, is located on the highest peak of the Kondyor Massif. We can see the world up here. Easier for us to spot our targets

Her Red Room trainer's' voice hissed in her ear. Valeriya controlled her breathing, and leaned more towards the screen,

"What are the specs for the mission?" She asked slowly. Skye took a quick look at her watch.

"We only have 5 minutes left." She stated, but eventually found the specs for the op.

"The mission is the assassination of two Russian spies. Anastasiya Bershov and Viktor Antakov." Skye quickly flipped off her computer.

"That's all the time I've got." She said. "Did it help?" She asked. Valeriya didn't respond right away. The names of her former abusers echoed through her mind. The woman Anastasiya was the one who forced her into the world of killing. The man Viktor was a silent man, but he would be the one to beat Valeriya if she ever failed. She was shaken back to reality when she heard Skye clap her hands in fronts of Valeriya's face.

"Hello" she said "Earth to Valeriya" she said. Valeriya forced a small smiled.

"Sorry" she responded "And yes, that did help a lot." She said. Skye smiled triumphantly. "Good. Now I hate to leave, but I kind of have to go crash my team's mission" she said with a smirk. Valeriya laughed.

"You go do that" Skye smiled, and with a wave, she was out the door. Valeriya collapsed to the ground, with a loud cry. Her heart beating a mile a minute.They can't go in there alone. She thought to herself, I can't let them. Natasha probably did not remember that this was the location of the Red Room. It had been relocated since she was there. Valeriya ran her fingers through her hair, trying the calm her breathing. She managed to calm herself enough the stand back up onto her feet. Before she even knew what she was doing, she burst through the doors and sprinted down the hallway.