Chapter 2: Last Words

It had been a year since he and his best friend, Sai, started their learning on many different things.

They waited for their sensei as they usually do and when an Anbu barged in.

Instead of the Boar-masked Anbu, an Anbu with an Ox mask came in.

Sai and Naruto were confused and their new sensei seeing this said, "I'll be your sensei from now on. Instead of sitting in a classroom all day, you'll be learning how to fight and defend yourself."

The two nodded, now understand their situation and followed the man to a large room with training dummies and weapons on the back wall.

The room wasn't bright but it good enough to see everything in it.

Ox closed the door and stood in front of Sai and Naruto. He said, "We will spar so I can see your skills and what you'll need to work on. Sai, you're first."

Sai was a little nervous but he followed his sensei to the middle of the room.

"Begin." Ox said emotionlessly.

The two began throwing punches and kicks at each other. It was obvious that the older man was more powerful with his ruthless attacks at his student.

On the other hand, Sai was getting beat up brutally. He tried his best to attack Ox but his punches were sloppy and slow so they were easily caught by the Anbu.

Five minutes later, the pale boy passed out and fell on the cold floor, unable to move. The Ox-masked Anbu stopped and picked him up.

After placing Sai on the floor in a sitting position next to Naruto, he called him over for his turn.

After seeing his friend's spar with the Root agent, he shakily walked to him.

"Begin." Ox repeated.

Naruto tried to punch Ox's stomach straight away but was caught right after. The Root Anbu kicked Naruto's chest which made him fall on the floor backwards.

After a while of the one-sided fight, Naruto managed to touch Ox. Though his attack was weak and caused no damage, it was still impressive that he could even touch him.

Not letting that effect him, he swiftly moved his leg to trip the blond before pinning down on the ground. He quickly took a kunai and aimed it on top of his neck, making sure Naruto can feel the sharp tip of the weapon.

He got off the jinchuriki and told him to rest until Sai woke up so they can continue their training.

When Sai eventually woke up, Ox didn't waste any time for their training so he began giving tips to improve their fighting style and strategy.

"Sai, your attacks are too predictable and slow." He then showed how to make his punches have more force as making them quicker would be the next step.

Ox turned to the whiskered boy and said, "Naruto, you're defence is weak and don't have a strategy to defeat your opponent." The sensei demonstrated a stance that'll help with his defences and told him that he'll teach strategies to him and Sai later.

They practiced for two more hours while Ox slowly taught them more and more as they improved. After the two hours, he sat them down and like their old sensei, Boar, he talked about how to make their offence more unpredictable and what to do in certain situations.