Chapter 6: Bell Test

Kakashi opened the Hokage's door after being told that he was summoned.

"Kakashi, you're here." The Hokage says.

The masked man noticed that Danzo was also there and wondered why they needed him.

Just like reading his mind, Hiruzen said, "You're here because we need to talk to you about Naruto."

'One of my Genin?' He thought.

Danzo finally deciding to speak, said straightforwardly, "The Uzumaki is under my command. I've trained him since he was four and he takes Root missions for me."

"Wait, Naruto is in Root Anbu?!" Kakashi's eyes went wide.

"Yes. I hope you know that this is a secret and our conversation can't leave this room."

Kakashi nodded.

"Let's get back to the point," Hokage-sama said. "Once you start missions with your Genin team, Naruto will be absent in some of them so if your team asks about it, tell them not to question it."

"Okay," was the short reply said by the still curious Hatake before being dismissed.

...

Naruto arrived at training ground seven exactly at 6:30. His teammates looked tired and hungry while Naruto looked fine.

They waited for another three hours for their sensei to arrive and when he did, the kunoichi scolded him by screaming, "You're late!"

The Uchiha grumbled angrily at his sensei while the Jonin tried to calm the two down.

Kakashi pulled out two bells from his weapon pouch and started explaining the rules to his exercise.

...

"Begin!" Kakashi said.

His Genins jumped away to hide in some bushes or trees while Kakashi took out an orange book titled 'Icha Icha Paradise' and began reading it.

While reading, he was sensing his Genin. Mito was in a bush, Sasuke was standing on a tree branch and Naruto was no where to be found.

Suddenly, he saw a blur in the corner of his eye and barely dodged a kunai to his head.

He swiftly turned around to see his blond student, Naruto, landing on his feet without a sound and disappearing in a flash again.

Kakashi put his book back in his pouch and waited for another attack but there was none.

At least, that was what he thought until a punch landed on his stomach.

Kakashi winced in pain as Naruto took the opportunity to steal Kakashi's bells.

Unluckily for him, Kakashi was able to move to his right to avoid the Uzumaki's hands and the blond landed of the ground. He quickly got up and went back to hide to think of a plan.

...

Naruto's hand almost grazed the bells but he luckily got hold of them and stood, panting in front of a tired Kakashi.