Chunin Exams 3: Forest of Death

The Genins raced forward as the large gates from the Forest of Death slowly creaked open.

With Team Seven, Naruto quickly sealed their Earth scroll and put it in his pocket since it was agreed that he would be the best to keep it.

They were jumping through the unusually large trees while concealing their pressure and sensing in case of any enemies nearby.

It didn't take long as they kept running through the trees until Naruto stopped.

"Naruto, what's wrong?" Mito said confusedly.

He pointed at the forest floor where a team was. They seemed to be arguing about something which made them easy to ambush.

Team Seven nodded at each other and went into position without a word. Naruto stood behind the shouting male while Sasuke stood above the female who was shouting back and Mito was hiding near the other male who was trying to calm his team.

"Shut up!" The girl said to the anxious boy before arguing with the other again.

"We shouldn't have taken this exam!" She yelled. "They made us sign consent forms and can't you hear the screams as soon as the gates opened?!"

"That's the whole point of this test!"

"I don't care! We could get killed here!"

They kept arguing, getting louder and louder and when their ambushers decided it was time, they signalled to each other and jumped to them.

In under a second, the team had kunais to their throats, daring them to move.

"Scroll." Naruto's deadly voice whispered into the angry male.

"Why should I tell you?!"

Naruto did reply as he checked the most obvious spot you could put a scroll in, the weapon's pouch.

"H- how did you know?!"

"It's obvious, dumbass," Sasuke scoffed.

He grits his teeth.

"I- I told you we shouldn't have taken this exam!" The girl stutters before Team Seven retreated far from the team and went deeper into the forest.

When the team was far enough, they took a look at the stolen scroll.

On the scroll, it said the word 'Earth' which was the same as theirs.

Naruto sighs and seals it with theirs. They continued looking around for more teams and after a while of running, the team got a little tired and decided it was best to rest for a while.

They stopped at a clearing with trees and bushes surrounding it.

Suddenly, Mito says, "I need to go to the toilet, I'll be right back!"

"Hn."

...

When Mito was done, she was going to go back to her team when a giant snake attacked her.

It shot towards her while opening its mouth that could swallow her easily.

When it did, Mito was trapped in the snake's throat, panicking on what to do.

After endless attempts to escape by stabbing it with shurikens and kunai's, she eventually had an idea.

She made a cross sign with her index and middle finder and with a shout, she screamed, "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

A bunch of Mito's popped into existence which let Mito escape. She jumped out of the snake's mouth and ran back to her team.

Without any suspicions, Mito went back to her team to see a pale man with a snake-like tongue fighting with her teammates.