Chapter 5: Team Seven

Naruto arrived back at the base at the evening and was walking down the familier hallways, occasionally passing by the other Root agents who he hadn't give a second glance to.

He stopped Danzo's office since he was called and went in after he granted permission.

"I have a new mission for you, Kitsune." Danzo said.

Naruto, who was already in his Anbu attire, carefully listened to his superior, not missing a detail.

"Your mission is to kill the academy sensei, Mizuki, and bring the Scroll of Sealing back to the Hokage."

Once he was done, Naruto coldly said, "Yes, Danzo-sama."

...

He ran on the large tree branches, going to his destination and target. Kitsune stopped when he saw a girl, who he recognised as his sister, holding a scroll that was the same hight as her.

After he identified it as the Scroll of Sealing, he shifted from his hiding spot to get into a good position to aim his kunai.

The kunai stabbed into Mizuki's neck, killing him instantly. A shocked Mito watched as her sensei fell and landed on the ground with a 'thump'.

Kitsune knew he couldn't kill the witness, which meant he was discovered. Just as he jumped silently on the grass, Iruka ran to Mito, checking his surroundings as he did so.

After intentionally making an almost silent footstep, Iruka turned to the short Anbu who went to Mito and grabbed the scroll and sealed the dead shinobi without a word.

"Who are you?" He asks cautiously.

"Confidential."

"What's your codename?"

"Kitsune."

Iruka nodded slowly, still not trusting the Anbu since the Hokage would've told him.

After a while of silence, Kitsune body-flickered away, leaving Mito and Iruka behind.

Naruto appeared in Danzo's office. He knelt down like he always did and only spoke when he heard Danzo say, 'Report'.

Once he did, Naruto began his report in a clear but dull voice.

Meanwhile, Iruka was jumping from roof to roof to the Hokage's tower. He was still suspicious of the Anbu, finding it hard to believe that the Hokage, the person he respects the most, would allow a young boy to become an Anbu. He knew that people like Kakashi became an Anbu at the age of thirteen but it was the time of war.

'Hokage-sama wouldn't let a kid join the Anbu. Not after Itachi.' The academy sensei though as he knocked on the door.

"Come in," said the muffled voice that belonged to the Hokage.

Iruka came in, hoping that his questions would get answered.

"You finished your mission already, Iruka?" Hokage-sama asks.

...

Iruka came into the classroom. It was the day after the Genin Exams and he was going to assign teams.

"It's true!" A red-haired girl says

"You're saying that an Anbu, the kind of Anbu that never shows themselves, openly killed Mizuki-sensei?!"