Land of Waves 1: The Demon Brother

The sounds of footsteps were heard clearly in the silent forest as Team Seven were following their client, Tazuna, to the Land of Waves.

They've been walking for several hours and the Genin were getting bored and were dying for action.

The team walked past a puddle and while Kakashi's two Genin thought nothing of it, he and his other student thought, 'It hasn't rained in days... It's a Genjutsu.'

Just as they walked past a puddle, two shinobi leaped out, scaring the Genin. One of the shinobis pulled out a chain and wrapped it on Kakashi's body and when he pulled, it squash Kakashi to death.

"Sensei!" Mito shouted in shock.

"One down, three to go!" One of their two attackers said.

The shinobi ran towards a distracted Mito who moved to protect Tazuna and was ready to slice her head off until Sasuke jumped in front of her, ready to take the attack. The unknown shinobi didn't care and was too focused on killing the two Genin that he didn't notice the third member on their team sneak behind him.

Naruto took a kunai out of his weapon pouch and jabbed it onto the man's throat who spat blood out and fell on the ground.

"Gozu!" The shinobi that 'killed' Kakashi screamed.

Naruto's teammates looked horrified at the site of blood and how Naruto was able to kill Gozu without a second thought.

'So they're the Demon Brothers.' Naruto thought.

Gozu's brother growled and shouted angrily, "I'll kill you!"

He ran towards Naruto who killed his brother and clumsily tried to stab him. It didn't matter where he managed to stab Naruto, all he wanted was to avenge his brother, Gozu.

Although Meizu tried his best to avenge his brother, he wasn't nearly as strong as Naruto who had enough and tried to end it by using a substitution to confuse the Demon Brother.

A second after he substituted, the confused Meizu looked around, trying to find Naruto. Naruto, who was hiding on a tree branch, launched himself and was about to kill Meizu the same way he did with his brother when a hand grabbed him, stopping his attempt.

"Naruto! Stop!" Kakashi interfered.

Naruto stopped. His kunai an inch away from Meizu's neck.

Meizu, feeling way less confident without his brother, turned around slowly. While shaking, he said, "I'll come back and kill you! I swear!"

Once his brother was gone, he felt weak but also angry. Weak because without Gozu, they are no longer the feared Demon Brothers and angry because a mere Genin killed his beloved brother.

He was about to run off until Kakashi let go of Naruto and took hold of Meizu. Meizu, who was still in shock, didn't give Kakashi much of a challenge so he easily tied him up.

Kakashi looked over to his two wide-eyed students and said in a soft tone, "You'll see more of this when you climb higher in the ranks. Eventually, you'll be the one doing this."

Sasuke nodded and turned back into his normal self since he has already seen death but Mito on the other hand turned angry.

"Why... why do we need to kill each other?!"

"To survive." Kakashi said. "It's kill or be killed in the shinobi world."

Mito grunted, still not liking the idea of one day killing another human being.

Turning to his blond student, Kakashi ordered, "Naruto, you shouldn't kill people so easily."

"Why not?" His clueless student asks.