Chapter 3: Dull Eyes

It had been two months since Naruto moved out of his and his friend's room. Ever since 'that' happened, his eyes went from full of life to dull and lifeless.

He was about to start when an Anbu came in saying, "Danzo-sama is calling for you."

Naruto, who lost most of his emotions over the time span of two months thanks to Danzo's training, got up and went to his usual training ground without question.

When he went in, he shut the door and looked at Danzo.

"Naruto,"

"Yes, Danzo-sama?"

"Follow me."

He nodded and followed him from behind. The Root leader called for some Anbu trainees and when they arrived, Danzo ordered Naruto to kill them all. The trainees became terrified when they heard what Danzo said but it didn't last long as Naruto quickly killed them.

There were two trainees. One was sliced through the neck by a kunai and the other was stabbed in the heart.

Though Danzo could see a slight hesitation when he killed the trainees, he said, "Good."

He walked out of the room with Naruto trailing behind him. They went to the middle of the base where there were four paths that lead to the middle. Underneath was a pit and if you fall in it, you'll definitely die.

"Stand in the middle." Danzo instructed.

When he said 'begin', four Chunin-level shinobi's appeared and ran towards Naruto who simply stood there.

Then, Naruto body-flickered behind the first one and snapped his neck. Two of them throwing weapons, one front of his face and one on the back of his head. He ducked and the two killed each other, leaving one left. The last one was a little more challenging but at the end, Naruto won by stabbing his neck.

The blond stood in the middle, panting slightly and made his fist into a ball so it would stop shaking.

Danzo assessed Naruto and was impressed. Naruto was slowly turning into a killing-machine that can get a clean kill quickly in just two months.

Though he was impressed, he wasn't going to give Naruto a rest so he said, "Naruto, we're going to continue training. Come."

The boy that Danzo is slowly turning into his weapon obediently followed behind him.

...

There was a rustle from a nearby bush. Danzo turned to the bush and walked calmly towards it. Naruto's clone dispelled and a kunai shot at Danzo's head behind him.

He dodged it and the kunai stabbed the tree, leaving a deep dent. Danzo, feeling like Naruto was good enough to get his first mission, stopped their spar.

It had been a year since Danzo started training Naruto and since then, Naruto changed drastically.

Eleven months ago, he hesitated to kill his opponents and had some of his emotions left in him but now, whoever Danzo wanted killed, Naruto would do so, burying every bit of emotions he had left in him.

The two walked through the long and dark hallways, stopping in front of Danzo's office. He ordered the Anbu's guarding it to leave and as they did, he sat on his office chair.

"Naruto, I've decided that you can start doing missions. Your codename will be Kitune but before you do, there are secrets you should know." The older man said to the nine year old in front of him.

"You are the jinchuriki of the Kyuubi, meaning that you're the son of the Yondaime. As you should know, the Yondaime had two children, you and Uzumaki Mito."

The boy nodded, not showing any emotions to the many secrets being revealed.

"You'll start your first mission tomorrow morning. For now, leave the base and explore Konoha but make sure to stay hidden."

"Yes, Danzo-sama."

Naruto left to his room and opened his bedroom door to find a Fox-mask and Anbu uniform neatly on his bed.

Deciding that he should familiarise himself with Konoha's alleyways and dark corners, he changed into the gear and left.

It was the first time he left the base but he knew where everything is thanks to the maps his first teacher showed them.

He hid in the shadows and ran on rooftops. After realising that Danzo didn't give him specific orders and just told him to explore, he went to the shinobi academy.

He went in the big academy and scanned his eyes through the hallway. He stopped when he saw a red-haired girl who looked like Kushina.

'Uzumaki Mito. My sister.' Naruto thought as he observed her. 'She's too loud and has no self-control. Unlike the other girls, it seems like she doesn't like the Hyuuga boy. In fact, it seems like she hates him.'

His sister, Mito, angrily walked the opposite direction from the Hyuuga boy after her argument with him while dragging a Hyuuga girl with her.

Naruto went to the roof where he thought Mito would drag her friend to. He hid his chakra and stayed a safe distance away from them so he could observe them more.

Though Naruto didn't care about his sister and would kill her if ordered to. He was just curious on what she's like.

The two lived very differently from each other. Mito lived in the light where she could make friends and live a carefree life but for Naruto, he had to live in the dark where you must always follow orders and suppress all your emotions.

"That arrogeant bastard!" Mito shouted.

"Y-you should c-calm d-down, Mito."

"I would if I could!" She pouted. "He a bitch, just because he's stronger and a year older than us doesn't mean he can make fun of you!"

"I-it's f-ine, really..." She shyly said.

"It isn't! He can't just vent his anger on you just because you're the main branch of your family!"

Naruto listened to their conversation, wondering why Mito is getting so furious over something she's not part of.

He listened to the two for another hour before the girl he now knew the name of, Hinata, had to leave.

After that, Naruto walked around Konoha but what I ment by 'walk', was going from alleyways to alleyways and roofs to roofs.

By the time he went back to the Root Anbu base, it was already evening so he reported what he saw to Danzo and ate a healthy but not so tasty dinner.