Chapter 4: Naruto's First Mission

Naruto woke up early at 6:30 to start his first mission. He got up and quickly got ready so he won't keep Danzo-sama waiting. Once he changed to his Anbu attire, he sunshinned to his leader's office.

"Danzo-sama," Naruto said to get his attention.

"Kitsune," he said. Knowing the reason why Naruto was there, he continued, "your first mission is to assassinate this man." He pulled out a file of the man, showing Naruto where he can be located and his strengths and weaknesses. "You'll have three days to do this. Dismissed."

"Yes, Danzo-sama." The young Root Anbu said before body-flickering away.

...

Kitsune was ready to attack after a day to find him and a couple hours to observe. He was in an alleyway smoking cigarets while enjoying the peaceful night.

Once the time was right, Naruto silently jumped down from the roof he was in and aimed his katana to slice the man's head.

He ducked and successfully dodged the sword, revealing Kitsune's hiding spot.

The Anbu ignored him and jumped back, throwing a kunai at him which grazed his cheek lightly. The brown-haired man attempted to punch the Anbu's face but barely missed as he took that chance to stab him with another kunai.

This time, it worked and his target's stomach poured out blood. His killer wasn't going to take any chances so he slowly took out a kunai out of his pouch, about to stab him.

He paused when he saw the body slump onto the cold alley and shakily ask, "Wh-who are y-you...?"

"...Kitsune."

After that, he stabbed him on the neck, killing him in seconds.

"Mission complete." He muttered before pulling his katana out of the man's neck and sealing his body in a scroll.

After making sure he left no traces of him being there behind, he body-flickered away and made his way back to Konoha which would take him at least a day until he arrives.

The child jumped from tree to tree using chakra control so he wouldn't fall. He avoided all the shinobi using his sensory and skilfully sneaked back into Konoha without alerting anyone.

The Anbu went straight back to the Root base and immediately went to Danzo to report his first mission.

"Enter." Danzo said after hearing a knock on his door.

Kitsune entered and reported his mission professionally like he's been doing it for ages.

After the report on his first mission, Danzo dismissed him and told him he could train for the next mission which would be the next day.

Naruto responded with his usual, "Yes, Danzo-sama." Before flickering away.

...

Naruto was now twelve years old. It had been three years since he started doing missions for Danzo and because of the difficult life-or-death missions he received, he was almost as strong as The Copy Ninja, Hatake Kakashi.

Naruto was training himself after his most recent mission which was to collect information on a certain snake Sanin. He was about to go back to his room after his torture-like training until an Anbu appeared in front of him.