CHAPTER THREE

"Good morning, Riwon." Jungwon greeted her at the counter.

"Good morning, Jungwon. Have you eaten breakfast yet?" She asked while putting the strawberry milk she bought for herself and finding her purse in the bag.

But Jungwon gave the money he had to the cashier and paid for her as well.

"Ah.. you don't need to do that."

"That's okay. We're friends now. It's not wrong to treat each other." Jungwon smiled.

"Thanks."

They both walked together to the school. Riwon found some new information too. They lived in the same neighbourhood. How come she never met him outside before this? Maybe destiny leads them to not meet each other until the right time.

"You always buy strawberry milk. Do you like it that much? I love strawberry milk too." Jungwon said when he saw the milk in her hand.

"Yeah.. why do you love this flavour, Jungwon?" Why not find new information right?

"I enjoy strawberries more than chocolate. I don't really enjoy sweets. Strawberry milk isn't that sweet so.. how about you?"

"Oh— erm I'm just trying and the taste wasn't that bad. It's growing in me."

"So before this, you didn't like this flavour?"

"Yeah. I love chocolate milk."

"I see.. we're really different."

Riwon only smiled at him. Different huh?

It's been nearly two weeks since they became friends and to be honest, Riwon couldn't be more than happy and grateful. Jungwon must have thought of her as a friend only but she didn't feel sad about it. It is because she realised and knew her place. She didn't deserve to be more than friends with Jungwon.

He would look bad standing beside her as a boyfriend. As long as she can talk to him, she's happy. She will continue to admire him in secret and wish for the best for him. She wished it was just a small crush. She didn't want the past to repeat. She wants to like him just like how a fan loves her idol, wishing for them to be happy without being by their side.

"Riwon!" Ian waved at her and ran towards her.

"Ian.. hey." She didn't see him for a while because she had started to hangout more with Jungwon and his friends.

"Who's he? Your friend?" He asked.

"Of course he's my friend. What do you think?"

"I thought it's impossible that he's actually your boyfriend. After all, you like me." Ian said which left her speechless.

"I don't, Ian. I liked you. But not anymore." Riwon clenched her fist at his words. It feels like he's insulting her.

"Really? So, the rumours are true when they said you really moved on from me. Do you still remember how hot the topic was when everyone found out your feelings for me?"

"You—"

"Hey, don't you think you're crossing the limits?" Jungwon grabbed Riwon's arm and pulled her closer.

"What?"

"You should respect someone's feelings. If she had moved on from you, then it's better to not talk about the same topic anymore." Jungwon walked past him with Riwon by his side but before they entered the school gate, he said something that made Riwon's heart melt.

"Riwon is pretty. It is possible for her to have a boyfriend and I'm sure lots of them wish to be together with her."

"Jungwon.. why are you saying all of that?" Riwon stopped walking once they're gone from Ian's sight.