CHAPTER FOUR

"No."

"What? Why? I barely joined a school trip so why not?" Riwon looked at her parents.

"No is a no. It's just a waste of money. You should focus on your study." Her mother said before leaving the living room to the kitchen.

Riwon scoffed as she stomped her feet, heading to her room. She purposely slammed the door and buried herself on the bed. She got a text from Maya saying her parents gave her permission but she was the opposite.

"I just want to have some freedom.." Riwon mumbled to herself.

Isn't like her parents never allowed her to go somewhere but to get permission, she needed to go through lots of problems. Riwon also didn't have any close friends before Maya so all she did was stay at home since she had nowhere to go with someone.

But now, it's totally different. She has Maya and Jungwon. Will Jungwon join this trip too?

Speaking of the devil, his name appeared on the phone screen. Riwon panicked when she got an incoming call from him. She immediately sat up and coughing to check her voice before pressing the green button.

"Hello?"

"Riwon! Guess what, I'm joining the trip. How about you?" His voice sounds cheerful from the other side. It made Riwon smile and her sadness slowly faded.

"Well.. I think I can't join."

"Aw, why? Your parents didn't allow you?"

"Hm.. but I really want to go. It must be fun to go with Maya.. with you." Riwon talked comfortably with him.

"If that's what you want, I will help you!"

"Eh? But, how?"

"Just leave it to me. You can trust me, Riwon. I will bring you to the trip."

Riwon just stared at her phone.

———

Five days left before the trip and everyone was so busy with preparing. The girls decided to go shopping together and buy some outfits. Meanwhile the boys decided to buy the food and drinks.

Riwon let out a sigh and put her head on the table when she heard a chair get pulled to the side. "You're done eating?" She asked, thinking it's Maya but the male voice caused her to open her eyes and turned to look at him.

"I'm done. How about you?" Jungwon flashed a smile that turned the girl's cheeks to a pinkish tone.

"I'm on my diet." Riwon lied.

"You don't need a diet. You're already perfect." He said.

Riwon hummed as a response.

"Remember when I said I will help you? Wait 5 days more and we're going together." Jungwon said, which made Riwon feel clueless. She couldn't understand what he was trying to say.

"How?? I didn't even pay for the fees."

"You will see. But to make my plan happen, I will need your help." He giggled more.

Few days have passed and it's Tuesday. Riwon was still asleep on her bed. She didn't have to go to school today because the school gave a holiday to give a way to the 12th graders trip. Everyone must be so excited preparing for the trip and she is still at home, alone. Her sister already went to her workplace along with her father. Her mother visited their grandparents so she's all alone at home.

She looked at the phone to see any notification from him but there's nothing to see. He even left her seen when she texted him early in the morning.

"Did he lie to me when he said he would help me?" Riwon had tears in her eyes. She felt betrayed.