CHAPTER TWENTY

Riwon walked into the school with Jungwon when someone called her name. Sera waved at her before running towards her. "Good morning!" She said, smiling.

Jungwon looked at Sera as he thought 'why did she greet Riwon?' He just gave a small smile when Sera glanced at him. She walked away to the classroom, bringing Riwon with her since they're in the same class. Jungwon was confused.

He entered his classroom, placing his bag on the desk. "What's wrong?" Junho asked because he didn't say anything.

"It's nothing. I saw Sera just now and she seems close to Riwon." He said.

"Uh.. I'm not hating her but you and Riwon should avoid being close to her. I just get a bad feeling every time she's around. I hope you didn't forget the fact she has a crush on you and the things she can do."

"I know, but as long as she doesn't harm Riwon then it's okay. After all.. she's still a good person," Jungwon said when he still remembered what Sera told him at the hospital. He just felt bad every time he ignored her when she actually did nothing bad to him.

———

Jungwon went to Riwon's classroom to meet her when she came out from the door right when he's about to enter. Riwon was startled to see him as she asked, "Oh, what are you doing here?" She smiled.

"I just want to meet my girlfriend," He pouted and Riwon laughed.

"Okay, okay. Sit at my place and wait for me. I'm going to send these notebooks to the office with Sera. Let's go, Sera!" Riwon called her and she ran up to Riwon.

Sera noticed Jungwon's presence and she just smiled at him before walking out with Riwon, leaving the classroom. Jungwon shrugged before sitting on Riwon's chair. He looked around before checking out what his girlfriend learned in class today. He giggled when the notebook filled with doodles. "Is she really the top student? How cute~"

Jungwon was bored, waiting for his girlfriend. He moved the things on the desk to place his head on it when he accidentally pushed a book out of the desk. It fell from the desk. Jungwon quickly picked up the person's book, making sure there's no dirt on it when a photo comes out from the book.

He stared at the photo for a long time, gasping. He looked at the name on the cover. Hwang Sera..?

"Jungwon!" Riwon came back to the classroom and he quickly put back the photo inside the book and placed it back on the desk.

He noticed Sera was walking towards him too and she pulled out the chair beside him. "This is your seat?" He asked.

"Yeah"

"Oh.. I see. Okay! I gotta go!" Jungwon got up.

"What? Why? I just came back."

"Sorry, love. I forgot I promised to play basketball with Sunghoon and Junho. I will meet you later." Jungwon kissed Riwon on the forehead before leaving.

He walked out of the classroom, and couldn't believe his own eyes. Is Hwang Sera.. it's her? He probably needs to ask her about the photo soon.

"Are his friends more important than me? Hm it's not his fault but I'm jealous.. I literally ran from the office to here just to talk to him." Riwon roughly opened the textbook. She couldn't hide how upset she was.

"Aw, you're cute when you're jealous, Riwon. Don't worry, Jungwon is just playing with his friends, not with some girls." Sera laughed because she thought it's funny but not for Riwon.

"Of course because Jungwon will never do that. He only loves me."

———

Sera waved at Riwon when she's walking in the opposite direction because their houses weren't in the same direction. She walked to her apartment when someone stopped her. She was shocked to see him.

"Hi, Jungwon!" She smiled sweetly at him.

"Sera, I want to ask you something."

"Yeah..?"

They entered the cafe in the neighbourhood and sat near the window. Sera was nervous. She had no clue what he wanted to ask her until he decided to talk in a private place like this.

"This morning.. I accidentally saw something in your book. The photo.. you still have the photo right? A photo of a little girl holding a teddy bear."

"Did you mean this photo?" Sera took it out from her bag.

"Yes. And my question is.. is this you? Is it really you? Did you used to live in Busan around 10 years ago?"

"Yes, it's really me. I used to live in Busan but we needed to move to Seoul because my condition was getting worse at that time and there's no good hospitals in Busan. But why are you asking me all of this?" Sera looked at him.

"So it's really you. The girl who used to be my neighbour when I was a child. I can't believe you're actually near me all this time. I feel happy to see you again, Sera." Jungwon smiled.

"Oh.. you're happy?"

"Of course I am! Because I really wanted to be your friend at that time but I never knew your name. So, your sudden disappearance was actually because of your cancer? No wonder.."

"Yeah, I used to be so sick to the point I couldn't go to school like a normal kid. That's why I have no friends. I'm happy to have Riwon though. I'm glad you're in a relationship with an amazing person. Riwon is the only one who treats me nicely without talking shit behind my back." Sera wiped some of the tears that came out.

They spent some time in the cafe, drinking and talking before heading back to each other's houses.

"Hey Sera, before you forget.. uh I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but please don't get too excited when I'm talking to you. Yes I wanted to be your friend but it's only because you're part of my childhood memories. I don't want to hurt Riwon's feelings. And please give up on me if you still like me.. just saying."

"Don't worry! I don't want to hurt Riwon's feeling too"

———

"Sera..? Time to eat your dinner—"

"GO AWAY! DON'T TALK TO ME!" She threw the glass to the door. It breaks into pieces.

She threw everything on the table. While crying, she stared at the photo on the wall. "Why Jungwon why..? You said you're happy! If only you meet me first.. you're probably already mine."

She cried in the corner of the room, trying to calm herself down. Her phone rang and when she saw the number, she turned off the phone. "Stop calling me, asshole!"