CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Riwon! Where's my daughter?!" Her mother entered the hospital, crying while searching for her daughter.

The nurse led her to the operating room and they saw Jungwon sitting on the floor. Jungwon noticed the presence as he woke up to bow at them in respect.

"Who are you? Where's my daughter?"

"Riwon is still in the operating room.. I'm really sorry, Mr and Mrs Kim. Please forgive me, it's my fault." Jungwon kneeled down in front of them, and didn't dare to look up.

"I asked, who are you?! Are you her boyfriend?"

"Yes.."

"Oh my goodness.. This is why I told her to not get a boyfriend. Oh my god.. Riwon."

Suddenly the door opened, and a doctor came out from there. Riwon's family went to the doctor. "How's my daughter? She's okay right?"

"She's lucky that it didn't stab through her important organs, but she's losing too much blood which puts her in a coma."

"Coma?"

"Don't worry, it might only take a week or two to be awake. We will send her to the VIP room." He said which shocked the mother.

"VIP room? Just put her in the normal one, we don't have money to pay for that."

"It's my request to put her in the VIP room. Thank you so much for saving her life, doctor." Jungwon said, bowing at him and the doctor just smiled before walking away.

"Hey, young man. Just because you act like rich people, it doesn't mean I will let you go to my daughter. Break up with her."

"I'm sorry for being rude, but I can't do that. I will take responsibility for everything. Riwon needs me by her side."

"Oh my, look at his confidence! She only needs her family by her side."

Jungwon just ignored them, walking away which pissed her off more.

———

"Jungwon.. is Riwon inside?" Maya asked, heavily breathing because she ran to the hospital as soon as she got the call.

Jungwon nodded. She entered the room, leaving Jungwon alone with his best friend. Sunghoon looked at him, patting his back. "How could something like this happen? Getting stabbed? That's crazy."

"I will make sure to find that guy, I will make him regret everything." Jungwon clenched his fist in anger.

Why did all of this happen on their date? Who's that guy? Did someone send him? Who and why? He didn't want to think of that person but he's the only one that has a motive. But he already apologized, so why?

Jungwon blamed himself for everything. He failed to protect her. She got hurt. If only he's way faster, he surely can catch that guy. He got up from the seat, "Call me if anything happens. I'm going to meet someone."

He changed his clothes to a casual one before getting inside a cab, on his way to someone's house. Jungwon rang the doorbell and it only took a few minutes for him to open the door. Junho rubbed his eyes, looking straight at Jungwon.

"What are you doing here? It's 3 in the morning." Junho yawned.

"You must be sleeping in peace, thinking that she's gone now right?"

"Huh? I don't understand what you're trying to say." He looked confused.

"Don't play dumb with me. If it's not you, who sent that guy to stab Riwon?!" Jungwon grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer.