CHAPTER NINE

What is this.." Riwon's eyes turned into fear. She looked at the letter and looked around. Who sent this?

She was holding a letter and an envelope. Inside the envelope was a photo of her and Jungwon. A photo when they went to the ice cream shop, the park, school library even they were dancing in the rain last week. She read the letter 'I know your secret' .

"What's the meaning of all this? Someone stalked us?" Should she tell Jungwon about this? No.. she should investigate this first.

"Riwon!" Maya appeared out of nowhere and the girl quickly hid the envelope in her pocket.

"Oh hey," Riwon felt bad. She's keeping her relationship a secret and Maya still didn't know about it. Should she tell her? She's her best friend after all, she won't mind right?

They walked together to the classroom. Maya held Riwon's arm tightly. "What's wrong with you?" "I hate Sunghoon," She said. "I know that.. Maya. But seriously, why do you hate him? I don't think Sunghoon did something bad to you."

"Yes, I know that! I hate him because he's too proud of himself. Does he think he's the only handsome guy in this world?! And he keeps bothering me, saying that if I keep hating him, I might fall for him. That's the worst, Riwon!!" Maya blabbered.

"Why..?"

"I hate him more because his words come true! I accidentally said I hate him a few days ago because he stole my strawberry cake and now he's avoiding me. I think I'm going crazy because I couldn't talk to him and fight with him. I actually enjoyed it when he bothered me. I want him to pick a fight with me more. I want him to give all his attention only to me!" Maya confessed. She was confused why Riwon just stood there like a stunt. Her eyes were somewhere else and she followed it. Oh.

Sunghoon is there.. standing a few metres from them and he heard everything. "Ahhh!" She ran through them, leaving Riwon behind. So embarrassing!

"Woah.. she basically confessed her feelings in front of everyone. And I.. why am I blushing?" Sunghoon covered his mouth in disbelief. His face is red like a tomato. "I should go talk to her-"

"No, not now. I'm sure she's embarrassed because of what happened. Give her more time to calm down." Riwon said.

"Okay.."

———

Jungwon laughed when he listened to what happened this morning. Sunghoon and Maya were so funny. He always observed them and he could predict something like this will happen in the future. He looked at Riwon who's still laughing. "I'm so lucky"

"Huh?" Riwon blushed when he kissed her cheek. "Jungwon, we're in school! What if someone sees us.." She looked around. Glad no one is there.

"Who cares? I wished I could hold your hand, hug you even when in front of everyone. I want to hold your hand and shout 'I'm so lucky to have a pretty girlfriend like Kim Riwon! No one can beat my Riwon!" He said.

"You always say I'm pretty"

"You are. It's okay Riwon, everyone has their own insecurities. But you need to remember, even if someone says something bad to you, I will comfort you by telling you 1001 reasons why I love you. Let them say anything they want, you are still the most pretty girl to me."

———

Riwon took out the photos from her bag. She sighed. Just who did this? Then, she dialled a number. It only took a few seconds for the person to answer the call. "Yo! Riwon, what's wrong with you? You never called me first," Maya said.

"I need to tell you something. But let's meet. It's better than telling you on the phone." She decided to be honest with Maya and tell her that she's dating Jungwon. If Maya is okay with her relationship, she will ask her help to find the stalker. "Uh.. well.. How about just telling me at school tomorrow?"

"Why?" She has barely been busy and always stays at home. So, what's the reason?

"I'm going to meet someone actually." "Who?" Riwon asked but she somehow could guess the person. "Sunghoon- oh Riwon! Sunghoon is here, I need to go now. Bye!!" She hung up.

"Wow.. everything's going too fast. Are they dating now?"

She decided to wait till tomorrow.

———

Riwon opened the locker. She sighed in relief when there's no weird envelope in her locker. She walked to her class but immediately stopped in front of the school organisational chart. Her eyes widened when she saw a photo of her and Jungwon hugging in the school backyard. She quickly ripped out the photo from there before someone else saw it.

What if some students already see this?

"This photo.. was taken yesterday.. that person.. What if they're watching me right now.." Riwon looked around, feeling paranoid.

When the class started, Riwon couldn't seem to focus. For the first time in her school life, she was punished for standing outside the classroom. Students were shocked. The top student is standing outside of the class??

Everyone has already left the classroom but she can't. The teacher told her to bring her things to the office. After helping the teacher, Riwon went back to her class to take her purse as she accidentally kicked someone's bag. "Gosh, why would you put your bag on the floor," She held the bag and realized it belonged to Ian. His zip bag was opened so she thought of zipping it for him in case something is missing from his bag when she saw something in his bag.

Riwon dropped the bag to the floor, as she was shocked. She couldn't believe this.

———

"Hey, let's go home." Jungwon said when he saw his girlfriend. But Riwon just bitterly smiled at him. "Can you walk home alone today? I have something to do.."

"Oh, okay. Be careful," Jungwon patted her head before walking away.

Riwon rushed back to the classroom. She hoped Ian was still there and he was. "Ian, we need to talk,"

Ian looked at Riwon who looked so serious. "What is it—" A slap landed on Ian's right cheek. "What the fuck, Kim Riwon?! Why did you slap me!"

"Shut up, you stalker! What do you want from me, huh? Why are you doing this to us!" Riwon grabbed his collar, her eyes showed anger. "Can you explain to me? I don't understand any single words you're saying!"

Riwon snatched his bag and unzipped it before throwing everything out. Ian was speechless by her attitude. Riwon stepped on the photo. "This! You took this picture right?! And you threatened me by putting the photos in my locker and said you know my secret."

Ian took the photo. "What is this.. are you dating Jungwon? Ha.. I thought you only love me,"

"Don't change the topic."

"Listen, Riwon... I don't know how the photo could be inside my bag, I'm not the one who took this photo. I know nothing! I don't know what you mean by threatening you.." Ian said, but of course Riwon wouldn't fully believe him.

"But.. you're a school photographer, Ian. You always have a camera in your hand. You can easily take photos of someone."

"You still didn't believe me?! I will show you, I will show you I'm not the one— who takes.. what.." Ian's eyes widened when he checked his camera. Riwon snatched the camera from him and she smirked. I knew it.

"Care to explain this.. Kim Ian?" She looked at his camera and there's a photo of her and Jungwon, also her entering the restroom when she's alone. "You're disgusting. Unbelievable.. believe you? Why would I when all the words you told were lies. We have proof here and you have the motives. You found out about my relationship with Jungwon and were jealous because I rejected you, right?" She chuckled. She looked at Ian in disgust.

"Riwon—"

"Enough! I don't want to hear anything from you. I hate you, Ian! I really hate you! To think I used to love you so much, I feel disgusted by that fact. Please, Ian. Don't talk to me again after this." Riwon left the classroom.