CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Remember when I wanted to tell you something when we went to the Lotte World? Actually.. I want to tell you how uncomfortable I was when Junho was around. But I'm scared to tell you because Junho is your best friend so might not take it seriously. The way he's being too nice to me.. it's uncomfortable. I'm sorry for saying all these about your best friend." Riwon looked down but Jungwon put his hands on top of hers.

"I'm glad you're actually being honest with me. Not some people can tell the truth, you know? I'm so proud of you. I want to be a boyfriend that will make you feel comfortable to tell me anything." Jungwon comforted her by wrapping his arms around her shoulder.

He watched her take out something from her pocket. "I forgot to give him this.. can you give it to Junho? I don't want to meet him." She said, giving him the necklace.

Jungwon recognized the necklace. He knows it belongs to Junho. He took the necklace from her. "Alright,"

"But Jungwon.. everyone at school thinks I'm dating him.. I'm so mad to hear that because you're my boyfriend."

"Don't worry about it. I will take care of everything."

———

Riwon entered the school and again, all eyes were on her. She really hated it. A student approached her and asked, "Are you dating Junho..?"

"No, I'm not." She replied coldly.

"I heard Junho likes her but she likes Ian, right? Poor Junho.. he deserves better."

"Girl like her needs to know her place."

"I thought she's just a loser but I never knew she's also a player. She tried so hard to make all the popular boys in our school fall for her."

Riwon just kept walking even though she could hear everything. Suddenly a hand cupped her ears. She looked up and saw her boyfriend's face. "Jungwon.."

"Don't listen to them."

He walked her to the classroom before going to his class. He opened the door and saw Sunghoon and Junho chatting. "Oh hey, Jungwon!" Junho waved at him, smiling but Jungwon just kept his cold face and walked up to him.

"Take your necklace back." He slammed the necklace on his table.

Everyone turned their heads to look at them. Junho was shocked to see his best friend looking so mad. "How did you have this—" Before he could continue his words, Jungwon grabbed him by his collar.

"Hey, Jungwon!" Sunghoon tried to stop him.

"What do you want from Riwon?! You made her cry!" He tightened the grip.

"Me? I never hurt her!"

"The pictures! What did you do to her that time until she looked so scared??"

"That? Gosh! I'm just trying to ask for my necklace back, I never knew someone would take pictures secretly." Junho pushed him away.

"I know that's not the only reason."

"Huh, do you think I like her? If yes, why would you care! It's not like she's your girlfriend— argh!"

Jungwon punched Junho at the face. "She's my girlfriend, you fucker! Kim Riwon is my girlfriend!" Jungwon throws more punches at him.

Everyone who heard that was shocked. They didn't expect something like this to happen. Sunghoon tried to stop Jungwon before he tried to kill his own best friend. "Jungwon, enough!"

"Oh really? But let me tell you this.. you're not her first kiss. We shared a kiss back then in Jeju. She looks very pretty when she's drunk." He smirked when Jungwon suddenly grabbed the vase.

"Yang Jungwon! YAH! Someone please stop him!" Hari shouted for help.

The boys tried to hold him back and dragged him away from Junho. "You fucking asshole! A kiss? You kissed a drunk girl who knows nothing without her consent! You're nothing but trash!"

"And you're a dog, Yang Jungwon. I can't believe you choose your girlfriend over your best friend. You believed her but not me who's your best friend, the one who's always on your side all the time! You put her as your top priority and follow all her orders just like a dog. Do you know you're a fucking loser?! I already know you guys have been dating for a few months yet you never tell us about it. Are we really best friends, Jungwon?" Tears trickled down from Junho's eyes.

"That's because she wanted to keep it secret—"

"That's why I said you're a dog. See.. you chose to follow her words and ignore your best friend. You're selfish, Jungwon."

Jungwon looked at him before saying, "I'm sorry for being bad friends. I don't deserve any of you guys. Thank you for being with me this whole time but Junho.. our friendship ends here." He said before leaving the class.

The day Jungwon leaves the classroom, that's the last day people have seen him including Riwon. It's been 3 days and she still couldn't contact him. She went to his house but no one opened the door. Riwon blamed herself for everything that happened. People at school started hating her, bullying her, and threatening her.

"Go away from this school! You don't even deserve to be the top student!"

"You ruined someone's friendship!"

"Just die, it's sick to see your face."

"Ahh!" Riwon flinched when someone threw a bucket of red paint at her.

"Let's go from here, Riwon." Maya held her hand and they ran away from there.

When they're already far from them, Riwon started to cry. "Why is all of this happening to me..!" She cried on Maya's shoulder when she hugged her.

"I can't bear to see my friend hurting and being treated like this. Riwon, break up with Jungwon."

"No! I would never do that!"

"Do you want to get bullied until you graduate?! This happened because you're dating him! Look at all the mess that happened because of him. He created all the mess and just left without saying anything. You're the one who needs to endure all the pain. He's selfish! He didn't care about his girlfriend when the whole school started hating you. He's not here to protect you!" Maya let out her anger. She's so mad.

"He cares about me! Jungwon loves me so much. If he didn't care about me, he wouldn't remind me to eat every time I felt insecure about my weight. If he didn't care about me, he wouldn't let me do anything just to see me happy. If Jungwon really doesn't care about me—! He would not create this mess just because he hated seeing me crying!" Riwon would defend Jungwon with her whole heart. If it's meant to protect Jungwon, she would.

He did protect her, so she wants to protect him too.

"Do you love him that much, Riwon?"

"I do. I want to spend the rest of my life with Jungwon, Maya. I'm ready to do anything if it means I can be with him."

"You know what.. we're going to break into his house today."