Chapter 3 - Free dive.

Neteyam awoke the next day almost exited for the day. They were going to learn to dive. He didn't know why but he couldn't wait to see Aonung again.

He almost jumped out of his bed, going into the open area where the fire was. He lit the fire before grabbing some of the food wraps his mother had prepared the night before.

He cooked the food thoroughly, making sure it was cooked before taking it off the fire. His parents were already out, his father gone to try and tame a Tsurak (skimwing).

Kiri walked into the room with a sleepy Tuk on her hip. She placed Tuk down next to neteyam who then led her head on Neteyam's arm.

——

The Sully children all jumped into the waters after Tsireya, Rotxo and Aonung. The three metkayinas swam ahead quickly as the Sully's tried to keep up with them.

The Sully children could no longer hold their breaths, heading quickly up to the surface. The three metkayinas were confused as to why they couldn't stay underwater for long so they followed them up to the surface.

"You're going to fast!" Tuk cried at Tsireya
"And we don't understand this hand signal thingy you guys are doing."

Aonung broke through the surface, immediately looking at Neteyam."You are not good divers! Maybe good at swinging from trees but-" Aonung was cut off by Tsireya smacking his forehead. "Brother, do not be mean, they are still learning." Aonung scoffed at her. "Come, I will teach you to breathe."

——

The seven of them sat on the rocky shore. Tsireya had placed her hands onto Lo'ak's stomach. "You need to breathe down here. Breathe in, breathe out. Lo'ak, your heart is beating too fast."
"Sorry." Rotxo, Neteyam and Aonung snickered at Lo'ak as Kiri sighed in disappointment. "Try to focus."
"Okay."

——

Neteyam had hung back at the reef, his feet dangling Into the water. Aonung sat down next to the boy, Neteyam looking at him as he did so.

"Nice to see you again forest prince."
"Prince?"
"Well I guess you're no longer the son of an ole'eyktan but you still have the attitude of one."
"So I'm no longer just 'forest boy' to you?"
"No, I guess you're not, you're much too special to be just a boy."

Neteyam could feel as his face started to heat up. He looked down at the water, trying to calm himself. But the boy couldn't help but smile to himself.