Chapter 7 - Outcast

The next day the Sully kids sat at a rocky area on the beach. Amongst them Tsireya, Rotxo and Aonung who stood lent against a tree, his arms folded over his chest. They all listened as Lo'ak spoke about a large sea creature that had saved him.

"A tulkun?" Tsireya looked towards Lo'ak, worry in her voice.
"That's not possible the tulkun have not returned yet." Aonung scoffed, "and anyways no tulkun is ever alone."
"Well this one was and he had a missing fin."

Tsireya gasped at the boy, pulling him close by his arm. "Payakan. He is outcast." Aonung interjected her, "he killed na'vi and other tulkun." Neteyam looked over at Aonung, surprised by the words. "No, he's no killer. He saved my life." Neteyam waltzed over to Lo'ak, putting his hands in his shoulders. "My baby bro, the mighty warrior who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell the tale."

Lo'ak shoved his brother's hands from his shoulders standing up. "No, you guys aren't listening." He started to walk away from the group. "Lo'ak!"
"No, Lo'ak, I'm listening!"

Tsireya followed him shortly after, the two disappearing behind a rocky cliff.

Neteyam scoffed as he walked away. He walked towards the forested area, quickly climbing the closest tree.

He sat on one of the branches as his forehead wrinkled. The boy let out an aggravated sigh before whacking the tree trunk next to him.

"You okay up there forest prince?"  Neteyam was startled and began to look for the source of the voice. He could recognise that voice anywhere, Aonung. He slipped himself down the tree, landing straight onto his feet. He looked over to the other boy, frustration on his face.

"I'm serious Teyam, are you okay?"
"I'm fine Aon."
"You know I know that you're lying right?" Neteyam looked at the other boy with a look of desperation. "I'm right here Teyam, you know that, so tell me what's bothering you."
"It's Lo'ak. I can't understand the things he does. Why can't he just listen to me for once? I've tried so many times to help him and yet he just throws it all back into my face." The boy paused for a second, looking to Aonung with glossy eyes. "I don't know what to do Aon."

The taller boy pulled him into his chest before wrapping his arms around the boy and stoking a hand through his hair. "It'll be okay Teyam. You'll find a way through to him."

The two sat down, Aonung leaning against a tree. Neteyam sat between his legs, his head lead on the boys chest as he curled into himself. They sat in peace, Aonung gently pulling his hand through the boys hair once again.