Chapter 11 - Return

The next morning Neteyam was awoken by the sound of the conque. The sound was shortly followed by the voice of Tsireya. The girl shouting to everyone around her. "The tulkun have returned! Everyone, our brothers and sisters have returned!"

Tuk came to his bed, pulling him out before going to pull Kiri with her as well.

Neteyam came out of the hut, looking out onto the ocean. The tulkuns were diving in and out of the water, their respective bonded na'vi swimming with them. The forest boy couldn't help but smile at the breathtaking sight.

He was distracted by his name being called, it was someone to his right. He scanned over the plethora of na'vi before his eyes fixated on a particular bun-headed boy, Aonung. The boy was on his ilu as he waved to him before signalling for him to come over.

Neteyam walked across the path towards the boy. He smiled to himself as he got closer and closer to him.

Aonung stepped up from his ilu onto the walkway, coming close to the boy and grabbing his hand."Teyam. Come, there's someone I'd like you to meet." He entangled their fingers, pulling him along the pathway to meet their ilu.

They rode along side each other, making their way through the many na'vi and their tulkuns. They stopped when they reached a tulkun with no na'vi, it was Aonung's soul brother.

"This is Txur. He is my bonded soul brother." Aonung signed to Neteyam before turning to Txur and signing again. Neteyam smiled as he watched Aonung talking with his brother. The moment was pleasant and refreshing for the forest na'vi who had never experienced anything like it.

The two stayed with Txur for a while him and Aonung catching up before the two boys rode off in their ilus. Neteyam chased after Aonung as they rode swiftly past their friends and many others.

——

Once they reached the surface they went to the shore, sitting in the calmer, shallow waters. Under the water their finger intertwined as Neteyam lent his head onto the other's shoulder.

Aonung's unoccupied hand quickly reached up to Neteyam's hair, almost like instinct. They both watched calmly as the sun was setting and eclipse came upon them.

————————————————

Slightly shorter chapter but I think it's cute and I really like it.
XX