Chapter 19 - Happy afterall (AE)

Lo'ak pulled Neteyam up onto the ilu with Tsireya and Spider's help. He quick urged the creature to swim to the land.

Once they reached a small rocky spot, Jake was crouched to help pull Neteyam up and out. Aonung stood shortly behind Jake waiting to be able to help too. They heaved Neteyam up and onto the ground laying him on his back. Jake lifted his shoulder to check the boys back, the bullet hadn't gone straight through. "Lo'ak! Get your brother back on that goddamn ilu and get him back to the Tsahik."

Aonung helped Lo'ak to get Neteyam onto the ilu as he quickly got onto his own and followed them back to the island.

——

Aonung and Rotxo stood outside the Sully's hut, waiting. His mother was inside with Neteyam and the rest of the Sully's. It felt like he was waiting outside for hours when in fact it had only been about thirty minutes.

His head whipped to the door when Kiri walked out of it. "What's happening? Is he okay?"
"He's stabilised now. Sleeping actually. Mom said you can go in when he's awake." She put her hand on Aonung's shoulder as she walked past him.

Aonung sighed a bit of relief as he sat down onto the walkway outside of the Sully's hut.

——

Neytiri, now the only sully left inside, stepped outside of the hut, peering down at the metkayina boy who sat, asleep, leant against the hut. She crouched down next to the boy before placing her hand on his shoulder to shake him awake. "Aonung." He opened his eyes slightly, blinking a few times. "Hmm?"
"He's awake."

The boy jumped up from where he sat, scurrying inside of the hut. Neytiri watched from behind, smiling to herself.

Aonung stood in the middle of the hut, his feet scrunching under him. There, a few feet ahead of him, sat Neteyam. His hair hung in front of his face as he stared at his hands which sat twisting in his lap.

"Teyam?"

The boys head spun around to see Aonung stood, a face full of relief and delight. He moved closer until he was on his knees, hugging the smaller boy. They both collapsed onto each other, crying hard.

"I thought I was going to loose you." Aonung ran his hand through the boys hair as he whispered into his ear. "But you didn't." Neteyam slightly chuckled to himself as he said, though he knew his words weren't funny at this moment. 

Aonung pulled from the hug, his hands still entangled within Neteyam's hair. He pulled him closer, their lips meeting. They both melted into the soft and tender kiss, It was quick but full of meaning. Neteyam's hand rested on Aonung's cheek as the other's hand was placed on the base of Neteyam's neck.

"I see you, Teyam."
"I see you Aonung."

————————————————

I'm so sorry that this has taken almost a month for me to write. I've been in a really bad mental state these past couple weeks and have had no motivation to write. But I'm glad I've finally finished it and I don't think I'm going to write any new stories now. Thank you guys so much for reading.

XX