Chapter 4 - Freak.

Neteyam swam in the deep blue. He had been practicing his breathing technique and now was able to hold his breath for a lot longer. He watched as schools of fish swam by him, looking at their pretty colours.

When he pushed himself up to break the surface of the water he noticed a few of the metkayina boys walking on the beach. Among them was Aonung, seemingly leading the group.

Neteyam hovered, his head only just above the water. He watched as the group of boys walked almost as if they had a target to reach. He looked to the right, trying to figure out where they were going.

Kiri.

The girl was laying in the water, alone. She led staring at the sand and the moving water around her.

As the boys crept closer to her, Neteyam began to swim to the shore. He stopped not too close but not too far from the shore, hovering in the water.

He watched as Kiri lifted herself from the water as the boys were close to her. They seemed to be talking about something but Neteyam was unable to hear what. Kiri walked away from the group of boys, seemingly annoyed by the interaction.

The boys had begun to follow her, causing Neteyam to begin swimming again. However Lo'ak had appeared from nowhere, stopping Neteyam in his tracks. He watched as Lo'ak spoke to the boys but they were starting to shove at each other.

Neteyam decided it was time for him to help his brother and sister, swimming over to the shore. He walked through the shallow water before grabbing Aonung's shoulder and pulling him away from his brother.

"You heard what he said." He pointed a finger at Aonung. "Leave them alone. Now." Aonung raied his hands slightly in defence, smirking at the other boy.
"Ohh look, big brothers come to save the day-" The boy was cut off boy Aonung putting his hand in the air signalling for him to stop talking. "And from now on I'm going to need you to respect my sister."

Neteyam pushed Lo'ak away from the boys, whispering a 'let's go' under his breath.

One of the metkayina boys had shouted a long and whiny 'bye' toward the Sully's, clearly trying to provoke them. And it worked, Lo'ak had turned around, quickly making his way back to the other boys. "Loak!"
"I've got this bro."

Lo'ak stood in front of Aonung, raising his hand. "I know this hand is funny right? Alien. But it can also do some really cool." He brought his other hand up. "First I ball it up real tight like this, and then-" He cut himself off, punching Aonung in the face.

The action caused the boys around them to join in. Soon Neteyam couldn't hold back any longer, assisting his brother so he didn't get his ass whooped.

The boys fought as Kiri laughed at their stupidity from the sidelines. Kiri had enough of this, walking over to Lo'ak and dragging him away by the ear.

Neteyam followed immediately, making eye contact with Aonung before leaving.